Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This cat at the Salt mine where I work got out the Navy about 1.5 years ago. He said his CO put him on KP once and he thought to himself I didn't join the Navy to freakin wash dished, so he said he laid down on a table and took a nap. He said when he woke up there was his CO sittin there watchin him, he said the CO told him for his punishment his whole outfit was going to PT and he was going to walk around telling everyone why they was having to do PT and apologize to everyone. This cat said he walked around making fun of everyone whilst they were doing push ups. I told this story to a good friend who did a couple of tours in the Army late 60's early 70's. My friend told me that would have got that cat a blanket party back then. Are there still blanket party's goin on these days:headscratch:

Blanket party just in case you don't know:alex:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCLN4_57i-o

·
Marketing Guy
348 Posts
yeah...blanket parties are still going strong. just gotta find the right time to do it!

·
Am Yisrael Chai
34,842 Posts
Never witnessed a blanket party, but I did once know about a boot party.

·
Banned
30,496 Posts
We had three-man dorm rooms in tech school and one of my roomies refused to bathe. The other clean guy and I got together with others in nearby rooms, tossed a blanket over "Stinky", and gave him a shower party one night. We used those industrial scrubbrushes on him. At the end he didn't have much epidermis left but he never missed a shower after that.

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
This cat at the Salt mine where I work got out the Navy about 1.5 years ago. He said his CO put him on KP once and he thought to himself I didn't join the Navy to freakin wash dished, so he said he laid down on a table and took a nap. He said when he woke up there was his CO sittin there watchin him, he said the CO told him for his punishment his whole outfit was going to PT and he was going to walk around telling everyone why they was having to do PT and apologize to everyone. This cat said he walked around making fun of everyone whilst they were doing push ups. I told this story to a good friend who did a couple of tours in the Army late 60's early 70's. My friend told me that would have got that cat a blanket party back then. Are there still blanket party's goin on these days:headscratch:

Blanket party just in case you don't know:alex:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCLN4_57i-o
Don't know about now days, I was in the Army from 1982-1989. Blanket parties existed. I never participated in one, but I did participate in dragging a stinky soldier into the shower and scrubbing him with green pads and toilet brushes. He hadn't showered in about 3 weeks of Basic Training.

In the fight he put up stinky ripped a shower head out of the wall, and with all the noise the DI came in. Imagine a platoon of recruits in the showers with about half of them running all standing at parade rest soaking wet. DI asked what was going on, we told him, and he told stinky to take a shower now (and take one every day from now on) or he'd let us finish the job. We went to evening chow and came back, the shower head had been repaired and nothing more was said about it.

Stinky got kicked out of basic a few weeks later.

·
Stiff Member
5,525 Posts
I'm sure they probably still exist just like forcibly bathing the "pigpens" like vafish was talking about. I know they were around when I was in.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sometimes you just have to find a way to straighten someone out and get their attention. When you're deployed and you have to live with a bunch of people in the same berthing or barracks or whatever you occasionally witness some harsh, but often justified, exercise in social education.

·
Deus Diligo USA
3,204 Posts
One of my nephews was in the Marines in the middle 80's but got out just before Desert Storm.
He told me when he was in boot camp there was one recruit who kept hiding food in his bunk.
The DI's would punish the barracks by making them run on full stomachs until they all puked.
So the second time this guy got caught, same thing. PT til they puked.
That night they had a blanket party on the guy and told him the next time he snuck food, he'd wake up with his nuts cut off.
The next day he was removed from the barracks and everything went back to normal. Nothing was ever said about him again. It was like he vanished off the face of the planet.

·
ARGH!
2,579 Posts
They are no where near as common as they used to be, mainly due to what a lot of folks canot see; the transformation of the Military services. Todays United States military is unique; it has the highest overall standards for any country and everyone who joins wants to be there. Some realize it's not what they thought and get out, but by at large there are few malcontents.

·
Registered
30,306 Posts
I only saw one (USMC, 1956).

But back then the Marine DI routinely beat the hell out of you, so there wasn't much need for us to knock some sense into a screw up, he was already getting pounded on by a DI.:supergrin:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I went to Marine Military Academy in Harlingen, TX for my 11th and 12th grades. If you did something bad, a blanket party with socks and soap was in your near future. If you stole something from someone, a blanket party with socks and locks could very well be in your future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts