Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeepers. I just started an order for a G-19 combo pack for $50. I entered all my info and it tallies up the total. Another $17 and change for the lowest shipping option! Are they hand-delivering these products?!

$17 to ship a piece of plastic is not their cost. This is reaming the customer, plain and simple.... after the 3-week wait.

I've spent a lot of $$ at Blade-Tech over the past 13-14 years. Not anymore.

Had to share. Had to vent. I feel better now. :wavey:

· Registered
78 Posts
Jeepers. I just started an order for a G-19 combo pack for $50. I entered all my info and it tallies up the total. Another $17 and change for the lowest shipping option! Are they hand-delivering these products?!

$17 to ship a piece of plastic is not their cost. This is reaming the customer, plain and simple.... after the 3-week wait.

I've spent a lot of $$ at Blade-Tech over the past 13-14 years. Not anymore.

Had to share. Had to vent. I feel better now. :wavey:

Blade Tech is a great company, Shipping costs have been going up and up, From California I use to be able to Next Day UPS a 3 pound package to FL for about $14.00 now it almost costs that for ground. I will admit $17 does sound a little high but not way out of line, They have to run the shipping department like another business, Supplies, Labor and their shipping cost. Believe me it really adds up. My company use to ship about 40 packages a day it really was a huge cost, We started to add $5 per package and still felt like that was not enough.

· Registered
15,071 Posts
I have a hard time paying $17 to ship 5-6 ounces of plastic when I can ship a 25# bag of shot in a flat rate box for about half that. They should throw it in a flat rate envelope for a couple bucks and maybe add a few for handling.

· Behind you!
3,521 Posts
Blade Tech is a great company, Shipping costs have been going up and up, From California I use to be able to Next Day UPS a 3 pound package to FL for about $14.00 now it almost costs that for ground. I will admit $17 does sound a little high but not way out of line, They have to run the shipping department like another business, Supplies, Labor and their shipping cost. Believe me it really adds up. My company use to ship about 40 packages a day it really was a huge cost, We started to add $5 per package and still felt like that was not enough.
Not from my experience.

But to be fair, OP Chipotle, you can (unless you're disqualified somehow by where you live) ship with USPS. The initial carrier is UPS, but during checkout you can chose to use USPS and it's $8.50 for priority. That's more reasonable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.