Blackwater USA training

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by theTactician, May 16, 2007.

1. theTactician

theTactician

Just curious guys, i hear they're very good in firearms training both military, law enforcement and civilian personnel. have any of you ever tried training with blackwater? do they really accept civilians who wanted to train with them just for purposes of enhancing tactical skills in the carbine, pistol, smg/mp5 department?
    how can one get into their firearms training? i hear its expensive but its worth it. they say they can help you reduce reaction time, shoot faster and more accurately even under extreme stressful conditions. knowledge gained from these experts is sure worthwhile.:)

2. revo

revo

United States Marine Corps

3. krinkov

krinkov Shutter Maniac

I highly doubt that any "pmc" company would accept "civilians". Most of these guys have either a military (Special units) or LE background (SWAT). I've seen a video of them training. They shoot a lot differently from what we're accustomed to. Some jerk their triggers a lot and some even flinch. Kinda puzzles me.

4. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Well in the real world, its tactics, not shooting skills that saves bacon.

5. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

shooting skills coincide with tactics. you cant have good tactics without better shooting skill. in basic training, you have to develop first your shooting skill before learning the tactics.

6. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

I dont think so bro. Tactics equates to outsmarting the enemy. Shooting is telling them you got them ;)

7. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

I took a three hour pistol course from a guy that trains the Blackwater guys. He also trains LE, SWAT, FBI as well as civilians. He is based out of Houston and his website is www.mastsolutions.com.

8. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

exactly... yet outsmarting the enemy has no point nor a way to stop your opponents, let me quote "Shooting is telling them you got them." it's basic pre, you can protect your house without being trained by any elite group for as long as you know where and when to point and shoot your firearm, tactics is A+ factor. snipers are very good in shooting skill yet they need a very good tactic skills too, vise-versa.

9. bulm540

bulm540

Todd Jarrett did instuct in Blackwater ( I think he still does). Shooting skills are very important. There is a reason why most IPSC/ USPSA top dogs ( T.J, Frank Garcia etc.) are training the Military. Whoever can put the most lead accurately wins, IMO.
    DVC

10. Allegra

Allegra

I'm no authoruty in real world shooting so I wont dispute that
    But the guys I knew ( first hand info )who were involved in gunfights won because they drew their gun fast and shot the good guy este the bad guy pala first

11. bulm540

bulm540

12. rhino465

rhino465

Blackwater does offer classes open to non-military/LEOs all the time. I've heard (in person) and read (online) mixed reviews about the quality of the instruction offered there, so my conclusion is that it varies by the class and probably more importantly by the specific instructor.

All of this is made clear at their web site: www.blackwaterusa.com

They do have first rate facilities.

They're certainly one vendor worth considering, but there are many others at both fixed locations as well some of the best instructors in the world who travel to various locations.

Here are some other options:

Louis Awerbuck www.yfainc.com
    John Farnam www.defense-training.com
    Randy Cain www.guntactics.com
    Thunder Ranch www.thunderranchinc.com
    Gunsite www.gunsite.net

There are many, many more. If you can't find a fixed school to your liking near you, you should be able to find a class or two from one of the traveling instructors within driving distance.

13. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

I'm dreaming of a Pat Rogers class:)

14. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Hey guys, here's a downer for us non-American/Green Card holders...some training facilities no longer accept foreign students unless they have government papers etc. You have to be an LEO or Military man and your group should be the one coordinating with the institute. :sad:

I understand that they are very wary of foreigners getting their hands on tactical training, but I feel bad because it also deprives good guys like us quality training to protect ourselves and families.

15. Allegra

Allegra

government paper?? madali lang yun! :)

16. rhino465

rhino465

A solution to that is to contract one of the trainers to come to the Philippines to teach some classes. You may have to do all of the leg work and get a minimum number of students together, but that's what we have to do here in America too if we want to host a class.

I'll bet John Farnam would come there, as I know he has students who live in the Philippines. There may also be some local people who could do a great job for you.

17. boni

boni ako ito bok!

i dunno if mag agree kayo sir pero hindi lahat na magagaling na training programs na galing abroad eh applicable sa phil. scenario or setting. some would say na dapat knocking power kailangan kasi gun fights wont last more than 3 seconds eh sa pinas ngayon sir paramihan na ng bala yung labanan. (maybe depende kung saan ka sa pinas) but for me okay yang mga training na yan if you can afford. but why seek foreign knowledge eh dami dyan local experts ang prob lng minsan eh wlang skill mg communicate hehe sige mga sir its your turn para mag pangaral sakin hehe gud day.

18. Solic

Solic

Now is a good time to go to Blackwater since they are not running the academy anymore. When they were and you were a civilian the best instructors were with the military, contractors etc.