Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Blackhawk Serpa carbon fiber holster for my G-20 (great deal for $31.50!) but it came with a small black "plate" about 1" square that has a hook thingy on it. Nothing in the directions about it. Anyone know what this extra piece is for? The holster works but I was just curious.

·
Giggity Giggity
476 Posts
Wrong forum, but I think this is just for shipping purposes so the holster doesn't get crushed. When I got mine, it was being used as a spacer between the inside and outside of the holster. That's what I assume it's meant for...I can't seem to find any other use for it.

·
1,223 Posts
Wrong forum, but I think this is just for shipping purposes so the holster doesn't get crushed. When I got mine, it was being used as a spacer between the inside and outside of the holster. That's what I assume it's meant for...I can't seem to find any other use for it.
+1. That's what I was told it's for as well. It does fit alot of places on the holster though.... :supergrin:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I concur with the above. The last time this was asked someone said it was an identifier plate, so I checked the next two that I've bought since then.

Both were for Glocks and BOTH the "plates" said "SIG"...:embarassed:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Just got my Blackhawk Serpa carbon fiber holster for my G-20 (great deal for $31.50!) but it came with a small black "plate" about 1" square that has a hook thingy on it. Nothing in the directions about it. Anyone know what this extra piece is for? The holster works but I was just curious.
where did you buy it? thanks

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
All the Serpas I had had the same thing inserted inside to holster. I usually just toss them. AND The Glock serpas came with the little piece the said SIG and so did the Taurus Judge serpa I used to have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts