close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Blackhawk Serpa VS iTAC

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Doug01, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug01

Doug01

Are there any pros/cons between these two? I just got a blackhawk but saw on Botac the iTAC plus a mag holder for a little over $30. Any input would be appreciated from anyone with experience with the holsters.

Thanks,
    Doug

2. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

No opinions on this? I like the Serpa but I might try the iTac.

3. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

I have blackhawks for all my Glocks. I like their holsters.

4. jayhuh

jayhuh

I like the Blackhawk Serpa and I'm issued one to carry in plainclothes. I own a few others for my own guns. I have never had any issues with them and find them a good value. Many other folks here will say just the opposite and I'm probably going to regret saying something positive about the Serpa with my flame suit in the cleaners :)

Let me add that I'm not an Operator and don't roll around it the dirt or snow.

5. catchthis45

catchthis45 T Streetz

I own both. Both are adjustable for desired cant and have a nice retention mechanisms. The iTACs do have a larger 'pad' to depress in order to unholster the weapon. The Serpas are held by your belt which is adjustable, and the iTACs slide over your pants/belt all together. I like both. Try them out before you buy.

6. Glocklvr

Glocklvr

The Serpa is no longer allowed at Front Sight a couple of fellows put holes in their legs while drawing from them also several reports on the net about simular incidents. Make sure you keep the index finger straight and don't poke at the release tab with the tip of your finger while at the same time drawing. This has proven to be somewhat of a problem. Just a word of caution.

7. up1911fan

up1911fan

I'll pass on both.

8. Photoman642

Photoman642

I woudn't use either one.

9. denn1911

denn1911

I have a half dozen Serpas, and I have used them for several years with great results. They are rugged and seure. I've worked them hard and never babied them. They continue to work so I'll continue to use them. My only caution to you is to practice drawing from this retention holster. Once your draw stroke is fluid and smooth, it'll be fast and safe. Good luck.

10. Sniperfox

Sniperfox Kopfjaeger

I am not a large person and I personally like the ITAC. The Blackhawk paddle is very large and can be uncomfortable at times in a vehicle for long periods. The paddle on the ITAC is smaller and works better for me and is just as secure. I have both holsters and it really makes a difference when I am carrying my off duty G27. I purchased the Serpa first for my duty G31 and saw the ITAC in a gun store later and liked it so much that I bought one for the G31 and the G27.

11. yellowlabsrule

yellowlabsrule

After reading stories of small debris getting stuck in the locking mechanism and not being able to get the lock to release the gun, I would not buy another one.

12. Sniperfox

Sniperfox Kopfjaeger

Which one?

13. yellowlabsrule

yellowlabsrule

The Serpa. I'm sure it could happen to any locking holster if you think about it. If there is no lock, there is nothing to get stuck or break.

14. Sniperfox

Sniperfox Kopfjaeger

I wasn't aware that there had been problems, but thanks for mentioning it. I'll keep a close watch on the locking devices to make sure no debris is in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.