Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
It's a convertable holster. You can use the belt loop back or the paddle back. Just three screws attach either.

Great holsters. The only thing I don't like too well is they stick out farther than the Fobus holsters. Makes it a little harder to conceal.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes. I tried them both at my local gun shop. One is visibly "low cut" and says so on the box with a sticker. I got the one with higher coverage and am very happy with it.

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
Serpa's have been said to have a few problems. Grit can block the finger release, making it impossible to remove the gun. Also, some people have found that pressing your trigger finger inward to press the release translates into the finger moving into the trigger well as the gun comes out of the holster. Just a caution.

A good alternative is the Safariland 6377 ALS which has an excellent thumb release. It has no "moving" parts. The release flexes the catch which holds the ejection port. Wonderful design, well constructed, and not expensive.

$34.69 and free shipping.

http://www.copquest.com/23-0810.htm

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've had my Serpa CQC for over a year now with 0 problems. I bought for my 26 and the 23 and 17 all fit in it. People who bash them are like GLOCK bashers. They've only heard internet crap.

·
Banned
5,375 Posts
I have one for my 19 and like it. No problems, but I've never had it full of grit or anything. Does anyone know if a 35 will fit in the Blackhawk for a 19? I don't have the box.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one for my 19 and like it. No problems, but I've never had it full of grit or anything. Does anyone know if a 35 will fit in the Blackhawk for a 19? I don't have the box.
have the serpa for my 19 and really like it... sticker on box says it fits: 19/23/32

pbmaxxx

·
Registered
8 Posts
have the serpa for my 19 and really like it... Box says it fits: 19/23/32

·
Registered
33 Posts
OP, as someone else all ready stated, it is a "convertible" holster meaning you can use it with or without the paddle.

To all you guys who own the Serpa, do you just use it for range/open carry or do you actually use it for concealed carry? If you use it concealed, what do you wear? I just don't see that thing being very concealable.

·
Glock Gimp
13,852 Posts

·
G27 Owner
338 Posts
+1

Love it for fishing/hunting w/ my 27.
Comes w/ paddle and belt loops. They also make other things it can screw to, vest/leg/shoulder mounts.

The belt loop one holds it closer to the body.

·
Registered
541 Posts
OP, as someone else all ready stated, it is a "convertible" holster meaning you can use it with or without the paddle.

To all you guys who own the Serpa, do you just use it for range/open carry or do you actually use it for concealed carry? If you use it concealed, what do you wear? I just don't see that thing being very concealable.[/QUOTE

I use mine for conceal and open carry. Normally I wear a t shirt tucked in with an open button down shirt over it. It should also work with an over size hooded pull over sweat shirt.

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
Glocks ain't pretty and they are not the most accurate target pistol. Glocks are reliable combat weapons. That is not the environment for a holster that locks up when dirt gets in the release mechanism. This has been widely reported from multiple sources. http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=164512&highlight=Serpa

There have been more recent changes to the Serpa but it's not clear that the problems have been fixed.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9830632&postcount=48

The thing about the trigger finger moving inside the trigger guard as you draw is more of a training issue and you could probably work around it, but there isn't anything you can do about the sensitivity to grit. That could easily become a life and death issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts