close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Blackhawk/CQC holster?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by lbm, Jun 19, 2006.

1. lbm

lbm

Hi,
    Can anyone give me any feedback on the Blackhawk/CQC holster? I would be using it with a G17. Would this be okay for GSSF shoots?
    Thanks
    LBM

2. GLW

GLW

I've been very impressed by mine. It depends on what you want to use it for. You don't need a holster for the GSSF matches; however, some people choose to transport their pistol in one from stage to stage. The Blackhawk has the advantage of an effortless and silent draw compared to other similar holsters with retention devices. I've tried Fobus and Uncle Mikes for general carry and each have their advantages and disadvantages in my opinion but so far I favor the Blackhawk. None of those mentioned are ideal for competition. If that is your intended purpose, there are many good synthetic holsters designed with that in mind but again, if you want a well thought out general purpose holster that could serve in a variety of roles, the Blackhawk is a good one to consider. I hope this helps. Let us know what you decide. GW

3. 21 shooter

21 shooter

I use one for duty use, and so far so good. I also use it in competition. One without the retention device would probably be faster, but I like practicing with what I carry. I have watched some other folks use one, and you couldn't tell that it slowed them down any. I agree with what GLW said.

4. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I have one and like it a lot when Packing my G17 or G26 on my hip off duty. The paddle adapter seems to be flimsy but has given me yeoman service. I think it is one of the slickest holsters out there for CCW as it is fast and quiet WITH a positive retention device that is fast but not obvious. It is my #1 GLOCK holster and I am looking to get one for my Beretta as well. :)

As for the GSSF Matches...I carry my GLOCKS bagged in a range bag. In the past my off duty personal defense pistol is on the belt holstered with the slide locked back and a magazine of duty ammo on the hip. Those I do not mess with at the match.