Blackberry Bold 9700

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by KING-PIN, Feb 22, 2010.

1. KING-PIN

KING-PIN

Anyone have one?

Do you like/dislike it?

Discuss.

:wavey:

2. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member

I love mine, but wish that the track pad version had come out before I bought it. The little trakball sticks sometimes and can be annoying. I understand the trackpad version is much better.

3. KING-PIN

KING-PIN

I'm thinking of picking one up because my iPhone can't be tethered.

Yes, I heard the Trackpad is MUCH better as well.

4. Flatulence

Flatulence 5X EMU Champion

The back cover sucks. Other than that it is solid.

5. profiler999

profiler999

I've actually owned many blackberry's. I'm a phone junkie. You can read all about them at crackberry.com. Anyway, the 9700 is the best out there, with only one issue: If your thumb is cold, ie. your outside, skiing for example, it's hard to move the cursor and almost impossible with gloves.

However, the best part is there is no memory leak on the 9700. There is no need to take the battery out or even use quickpull.

It's my favorite phone so far. However, if I was located in the north, I may look a the "tour" just because of the trackball feature.

6. KING-PIN

KING-PIN

I too am a phone junkie.

I have an iPhone now and am afraid I will be missing something if I switch from it. I just want to be able to tether but there is no hack out for mine (3Gs 3.1.3 OS and 05.12.01 baseband) =(

7. KING-PIN

KING-PIN

Anyone have any inside info about when AT&T might offer tethering for the iPhone??

8. PSUEng

PSUEng

This will replace my current blackberry. I really like the trackball changes, wifi and 3G. I think this is better for my needs than an iPhone.

9. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus

Hubby has a Crackberry (Curve, or pearl, I dunno). I hate that thing. It's his work phone and nothing wrecks a good day of snowboarding like having to stop on a hairy run while he replies to an email.

10. KING-PIN

KING-PIN

How is the browser?

My main thing is Internet on it when not near a computer, need for tethering, gps, and good messaging capability.

That's all I need in a phone.

11. Frmboybuck

Frmboybuck ***** medic

The BB browser is subpar....I use Opera mini on mine and couldn't be happier. I have the Curve 2 with the track pad..... Its 5000 times better than the track ball.

12. KING-PIN

KING-PIN

Is it easy to switch the browser over to opera mini browser?

13. ryanm

ryanm

The 9700 is awesome. Had mine for just over a month. I changed from a Bold 9000.
    The size is better and the overall experience is excellent.

14. Frmboybuck

Frmboybuck ***** medic

Way easy....go to mini.opera.com, download it and surf away. Opera has a beta version out that I haven't messed with much yet. Bolt has a browser for bb as well so you have some options. I've never been around an iphone other than fondle one in wally world one day but I love my bb. with most carriers you can tether without anyone knowing. That's all I use for home internet....I tether my bb to my pc.

15. KING-PIN

KING-PIN

I used to tether all the time with my iPhone until I was forced to update it's software which killed my jailbreak.

So now, no tethering for me because for some assinine reason, AT&T doesn't offer tethering as an add on for the iPhone.

Thanks a lot

ETA: T-Mobile offers free tethering all you want (up to 5 gigs.) I think I'm gonna call AT&T and threaten to leave just to get tethering since they have the BB 9700 as well just see what they say.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  16. Frmboybuck

Frmboybuck ***** medic

Yea, that usually catches their attention but since they don't offer it at all, they may not care. 5G is a lot of data. That's what US Cellular gives you for an extra $15/month if you are dumb enough to call and ask for it. Otherwise just set it up and let her fly......they will never know