GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
10,744 Posts
Anyone stupid enough to have a tattoo artist work on his eyes should only be used as a bad example. Look kids this could happen to you if you listen to leftist BS.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I judge tattoo wearers harshly...
It's not a sign of individuality or creativeness. It's a sign of poor decision making..
It doesn't mean ALL your decisions are bad or that all of mine are good...
But it sure doesn't help.

That goes for this fruitcake..

and also for the guys who have the arm sleeves and an awful, unkempt beard, because that's "the look"...

I have a lot more respect for quiet professionals, like ranger1968 who just do what they do, without having to be "team tactical" attention whores...

Now, if you don't mind it's time to
yell at some clouds

·
Banned
8,580 Posts
Scares the kid? Hell, he scares me.

·
1,069 Posts
Good lord.... what is wrong with some people. Individuality can be a good thing in moderation (as in all things), but there has to be something broken upstairs when you feel like you need to look like an extraterrestrial. There is no way he should be anywhere near school children (except as an example of what NOT to do)... I can't imagine any school district I know of that would hire him. I suspect he has limited himself severely regarding "normal" employment. I've seen a lot of different IT types in my career, but I just can't see this guy showing up in a staff meeting - "Hi everyone, meet Sylvaine, our new network administrator".

·
Registered
30,231 Posts
There has to be some type of mental disorder there.

Convince me I’m wrong, that much tattooing is just a socially acceptable (these days) form of cutting.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Convince me I’m wrong, that much tattooing is just a socially acceptable (these days) form of cutting.
For some sure...
For some it's about trying to make themselves seem prettier, or more intimidating and scary...
It's the bad haircut a lot of us had at 19, to impress your friends and girls (and just to piss off dad), except it's indelible..

The mainstreaming of tattoo culture is something I don't like...
Now we have accountants with arm sleeves... So to be a real rebel, you have to go even further....

That's why I've always like stockton's own, Nate Diaz...
He doesn't have to have all kinds of ****ty tattoos to show how tough he is....

·
In The Saddle
7,126 Posts
Having a 'physical' disfigurement is one thing, can't be helped etc; but when you "choose" to look like a demon from hell.... Stay away from the kiddos!

CM
:horse:

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
For some sure...
For some it's about trying to make themselves seem prettier, or more intimidating and scary...
It's the bad haircut a lot of us had at 19, to impress your friends and girls (and just to piss off dad), except it's indelible..

The mainstreaming of tattoo culture is something I don't like...
Now we have accountants with arm sleeves... So to be a real rebel, you have to go even further....

That's why I've always like stockton's own, Nate Diaz...
He doesn't have to have all kinds of ****ty tattoos to show how tough he is....
It sounds like we are in similar camps regarding tattoos, I have none. That said we had an event where they gave us these tattoo sleeves made out of pantyhose type stuff. I continue to be shocked with how they kind of make you feel like a tough guy. I find it really weird and continue to try to study it in my head. It makes NO sense to me.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
I have a couple good friends who are among the top tattoo artist here. They refuse to work on a lot of people just for that reason.

Many artists will ink anyone, anywhere, with anything. Not good in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I try not to judge people, but I would not want that person teaching young kids.....

I do tend to judge people from the first moment I meet them, and continue to add information to my judgement. Could be positive, or negative.

Recently a distant relative introduce me to his girl friend, my gut feeling was she was not who she pretend to be. This Nucklehead married her, produced a child with her. Not they are going threw divorce, and his life is hell.

I and several others in his family knew he should not have married this physco, but not one spoke up with a warning. I was told to say nothing it was non of my business. The other were quiet because they did not want to hurt his feelings.

If the person with tattoos was working in a business I went into, my first reaction would be to do a 180 and leave.

Yes it is true you can not judge a book by its cover, but first impressions, could be last impressions.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
My 3 year old daughter would probably like it and think he’s a magical creature. He has flowers on his head!

But then again, this is her idea of “cute...” :D
89395D20-F574-43C0-9664-112644EE9050.jpeg

21 - 40 of 127 Posts