Black Belt VS Bodybuilder

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Detectorist, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Detectorist

Detectorist

Interesting, to say the least.

2. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Being big and bulky only slows you down. Serious martial artists learn to breath and exhale to absorb punches and give strikes. The big guy is all lift and no cardio, which slows him down, and he doesn't know how to breathe when a blow comes. Kind of like the difference between a plastic bag full of air and one without air. Less damage is taken. It becomes instinctive. I don't like heavy traffic, because I have seen what can go wrong. My wife tells me to breath when things get hairy, because she can't. I apologize and tell her it instinct. When you anticipate a blow, you make the air leave your body for less damage. When I was practicing traditional style, each time you advanced, you would have to stand before the others, in a gauntlet and be struck full force in gut, no pads. If you were stupid enough to leave air in at the time of the strike, you would face potential severe internal injuries.

3. fg17

fg17

Not just any black belt, but a Brazilian jiu jitsu BB, Pedro Saur no less. The out come was very predictable to BJJ practitioners. Size and strength always matter, but BJJ is designed so a smaller, weaker person can defend against a stronger, heavier person.

Altaris, Willard and happyguy like this.
  4. fg17

fg17

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_jiu-jitsu

As a matter a fact Jiu jitsu is the biggest reason I was able to be a successful bouncer. At about 180-190 I was small by bouncer standards. Being a Power lifter helped. But not as much as knowing basic JJ.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Willard likes this.
  5. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Meh!

Not really.
    Outcome pretty pretty predictable.

aplcr0331, Joshhtn and r3dot like this.
  6. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Would it be so interesting for a race car to beat a monster truck in a race?

7. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

Bodybuilding doesn't have anything to do with fighting.

8. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

First off, welcome to 1990...

Secondly, worst comparison ever...

packinaglock, Rotn1, Jonesee and 2 others like this.
  9. r3dot

r3dot

I'll kick all your asses to be honest.

Glockdude1, happyguy and Joshhtn like this.
  10. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

I wonder how well the fighter would do in a bodybuilding competition?

This video comparison is just as silly as it was the first time I watched it back in 1996. But at least it was somewhat relevant back then...

On a side note, I've heard tale that there's a video out there of a DEA agent accidentally shooting himself in the leg... Maybe the OP can post a thread about that one?

11. r3dot

r3dot

Karate is lame.

12. BradD

BradD

That was my first thought. I remember being amazed by this the first time I saw Royce Gracie in the early 90s.

I'll never forget the first time I went to jiu-jitsu class. I had been PLing for years, so I was WAY stronger than normal for a 185 lb guy. I had also been running quite a bit and felt like I was in pretty good shape. When I sparred the first time, it was against a guy who was a little smaller and far weaker. I wasted all of my energy in a few minutes and got beat. Barely made it to a trash can and puked in it. That was about as tired as I had ever been in my entire life. LOL.

100 burpees races are about the closest thing I can think of when it comes to draining energy to the point that you feel like you're going to die.

fg17 and Joshhtn like this.
  13. BC42

BC42

14. BradD

BradD

I guess that's what happens when a martial artist doesn't pay attention to anything outside the four walls of his dojo!

15. BradD

BradD

That kid was good!

The bully was lucky the kid didn't break his arm like:

16. crockett

crockett

No rules?! One proper chop to the laryngeal prominence and he would be dead.

MO Fugga likes this.
  17. BradD

BradD

Those tactics are not available only to strikers. Once a grappler achieves a dominant position, he could gouge out an eye, for example. That would soften the guy up a lot faster than punches would.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    fg17 likes this.
  18. SC Tiger

SC Tiger As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Yes and no - the strength that a bodybuilder develops is going to be a factor if the fight goes to the ground. Even then though - experience and training is going to trump all.

So 'not a factor' (not your exact words) is a bit of a stretch but I think your point is pretty much sound. So I'm agreeing with you by disagreeing with you. :rofl:

Did you ever see that show that used to come on Spike TV I think, where they did comparisons like "Mafioso vs Ninja" or "Persian Immortal vs Medievil Knight" or some such stupidity? They would actually try to use computer models to determine which fighter would win. It was really, really dumb.

Joshhtn likes this.
  19. crockett

crockett

True, but that hunk of meat is harder to dominate by grappling, very exhausting. I'd keep him on distance as long as possible and land hits until his eyes are closing up. Bare hand that only takes a few.

Matching story from yesterday here in Florida:

Florida homeowner uses jiu-jitsu to stop alleged burglar. It only takes a couple hits and those eyes are done.

[​IMG]

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/01/florida-homeowner-uses-martial-arts-to-stop-burglar.html

20. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

Looking for the video where the little dude does a super fast neck chop, and other guy has no time to react. Scary.