bj is gone

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by JAREDG21, Mar 31, 2007.

1. JAREDG21

JAREDG21

My lab died about a month ago. I still get tears some time. Bj was a yellow lab that weighed in at about 120 in his prime. He spent 3 years with me on a sail boat and had more sea miles than most of the boat crew members I work with. I know he made a good run of it because he lived to be 13 but I really miss my best friend. At least my dad has his son and the next time we stud him out I will get a new pup but I also know there will be no replacement for the one and only BJ.

2. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you two had a great relationship. It's so awesome that you and your dog werw able to share the sea together.

If I may offer one word of advice though..

Just make sure that when you get another dog that your ready to let go of BJ and start building a relationship with a new dog. Only you can know how long that will take. Too many times have I seen an owner try to replace their old dog and end up with problems when the new dog isn't exactly like the old one.

Good luck to you, I know that this is a hard time for you.

3. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I am sorry to hear this Jared.......

Maybe you wanna think about getting another?? Of course NOT to replace, but to compliment your buddy??? It will help you, trust me......... :hugs: :angel: :angel:

4. JAREDG21

JAREDG21

THANK YOU BOTH ALREADY HAD ANOTHER DOG BUT I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING ANOTHER PUP NEXT TIME MY DAD STUDS OUT BJ'S SON.

5. hawk

hawk Millennium Member

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend. There's nothing like the companionship of a yellow lab. :sadangel:

6. marley

marley 17-26-32

We lost the marley back in dec. 13 years 5 months 2 days of wonder. We are sorry for you loss. Patrick