Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using this and have any good tips?

I started using Bitcomet and it works well. It certainly slows down the internet connection if I allow it to be on for Downloads/uploads.

If I have it turned off, now that my IP address is out there for people to download off of me, then they are constantly "pinging" my IP address to see if I'm available to download from. Does this use up resources or slowdown a LAN if the Bitcomet program is off. I installed Peer Guardian IP blocker and its showing like six attempts per minute to access my IP address. If the Bittorrent software is off, do these "probes" just keep coming?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't care for P2P share programs. Your opening yourself up for RIAA type Lawsuits and Hackers.

·
Banned
5,218 Posts
There are some settings in your router you can change to speed up things.I decided against making the changes here.I finially found a lightweight bit torrent programs that works very fast for me without changing settings.

http://filehippo.com/download_utorrent/

Be very careful what you download.A lot of infected files out there.I only download Linux CD's and even then it's an infected file.

·
Registered
13,774 Posts
Peer Guardian is a great tool. I use that as well. When I am downloading something I get a ton of blocks show up on PeerGuardian, but when I am not downloading anything, I have almost no blocks.
Bittorrent can slow down your net connection a lot depending on how you have it set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.