Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are goods points you raise i certainly agree. I’m sorry I’m too preoccupied thinking about my ninth grade English teacher holding a taser to formulate a proper response
Here's a compromise. Take all the guns from people who commit violent crimes, and leave the law abiding alone.[/QUOT
Idea . NONE !!!
Any bipartisan , reasonable or common sense gun control will satisfy the Anti-gun crowd about 2 min . They want to ban all gun . Identifying any type or style of firearm as needing special attention just helps their cause.

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
What a concept!...to actually enforce the Law!!...You are living on the edge with that one!!
Wasn’t it sickening watching those butt licking, groveling career politicians last. Wednesday on CNN? All off th were forked tongue used car salesmen.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
11,974 Posts
Wasn’t it sickening watching those butt licking, groveling career politicians last. Wednesday on CNN? All off th were forked tongue used car salesmen.
The mid-terms are rapidly approaching...as I have said more than once here on GT "IMHO one of the most important things us GT members can do is VOTE and encourage everyone we know to VOTE...regardless of their party affiliation!"

·
Values. Can't be bought.
14,120 Posts
Reactions: 3007

·
Registered
71 Posts
It isn't surprising to see that the papers are reporting that so many teachers are expressing total disagreement with being armed or trained to use weapons to protect themselves and the children they are teaching. One article I read reported about a specific teacher asking the question to his class, about how they would feel about him being armed in class. The article states the class unanimously rejected the notion. It would be nice to get a clip of the instructor setting them up and asking the question. Somehow I doubt the students were given a single question written on a card that would be folded and dropped in a box without signing it. I can only guess how helpless those three adults were that died trying to save kids must have felt, and regardless of how they had answered that question before, and what their answers would have been a second before being shot.

Sewell Peck was one of the most impressive men I ever was lucky enough to know (ironically he was married to a teacher in the school district I grew up in). He survived the Bataan Death March of ww2. I was a 13 year old boy when he sat with me in the hallway of the hospital my father was dying in. He spoke of how fearful he had once been of his own death and how helpless he felt in seeing others tortured and murdered and how the one thing he wished for was a weapon of any kind to have in his hand so he could at least fight. 53 years later I am reminded of how he told me of the indignity of being helpless while someone could smile as they humiliated, tortured, and killed others. "just a weapon, even a piece of tin can, never will I be without one if I can help it."

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My point about the drug tests was that it’s going to cost hundreds of billions to upgrade school security and mental healthcare and I would argue those take priority over paying people not to work.

These schools are way to soft of targets to just say enforce existing laws, not that I disagree with that point at all, but I don’t think these kids have had criminal records in general. Don’t forget the tasers either!

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
My understanding is this guy checked a box on his application saying he didn’t have mental health issues and that was all it took to get his arms, so I agree no legislation is needed but something about that is pretty ****ed up
He could have just as easily bought them in the streets. It’s a tough deal for sure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts