Bin Laden raid commander resigns from Pentagon board after criticizing Trump

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by R.B. Riddick, Sep 15, 2018.

1. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

View attachment 450528

"A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow," McRaven wrote. "A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself. Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities."

McRaven oversaw the 2011 mission that killed the former head of al-Qaeda, Osama bin Laden, in Pakistan.

https://www.defensenews.com/pentago...rom-pentagon-board-following-trump-criticism/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bin...-pentagon-board-criticizing/story?id=57817765

The right move by Rear Adm McRaven because it is nearly impossible to work under or with someone you do not respect.

janice6 likes this.
  2. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

He broke the rule. Military personnel are American. They aren’t Republican or Democrat.

He’s probably resigning in lieu of court martial.

janice6, plp, garya1961 and 14 others like this.

3. Binge&Purge

Binge&Purge Making B&P Great Again

I think a reduction in rank is in order.

4. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

According to the link, he is retired:

William McRaven, the retired four-star admiral who led U.S. Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014, has resigned from the Pentagon’s technology advisory board following a public critique of President Donald Trump, Defense News has learned.

McRaven resigned from the Defense Innovation Board, a group of technology leaders and innovators tasked with advising the secretary of defense on pertinent issues,

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  5. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 L T G

Navy admiral William McRaven ...Liberals always Look and act like Liberals....the eyes and face easy to spot...see it over and over again...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Barack Obama talks with US Navy Vice Admiral William H. McRaven

ExecutiveWill and nursetim like this.
  6. B C

B C

Misleading. Here is how it should read:

US retired Admiral who led Bin Laden Raid and is currently Chancellor of UT finally resigns from minor Pentagon advisory position after years of opposing Trump

janice6, pspez, garya1961 and 22 others like this.
  7. G29guy06

G29guy06

:agree:

8. JFrame

JFrame

An admiral or general who is political?

Tell me it ain't so!!!

[/sarcasm]

happyguy, robhic, First shot and 2 others like this.
  9. DonD

DonD

Could hardly disagree with you more, that's based on my 21yrs on active duty and another 17 supporting the Navy following retirement. I despised the Dolt but had I been on active duty I would have carried out his orders unless they were clearly illegal. I would also have never publicly criticized him, very inapproriate. Aware of dumb orders by the Dolt to the military but none that were obviously illegal.

You have to do your duty even if you don't like or respect your senior, it's not your call to make.

McRaven, as a retired 4-star cannot speak in public like some E3. As a recently retired 4-star, some think his views reflect that of the service, in his case they most certainly don't. Trump is well liked by the military.

Writing an editorial acidly criticial of his Commander in Chief was WAY out of line.

Not the first dud round McRaven has fired. He's on record supporting females in the SEALs. That's a dumb move doomed to fail and if implemented degrade the performance of the SEALs and in combat, result in more deaths. DUMB, DUMB caving to insane political correctness.

As a previous poster mentioned, McRaven has been the chancellor at the Univ of TX system and has presided on graduating an increasingly larger number of brain dead snowflakes. Don

janice6, robhic, ModGlock17 and 5 others like this.
  10. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

The difference is he is no longer ACTIVE duty and now he has a voice to speak out against things he does not support.

I also served (USAF 1991-1995) and you are correct, we had to complete our duty or mission, regardless of our personal views.

Trump is well liked by the military is a bit of a stretch.

“Overall, about 44 percent of all troops surveyed in the Military Times poll have a favorable view of Trump, while roughly 40 percent have an unfavorable opinion of him. That’s a stark contrast to opinion polls of the general public, which have shown Trump’s popularity at less than 40 percent and an unfavorable rating as high as 56 percent.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...times-poll-what-you-really-think-about-trump/

Bruce M and Stendec like this.
  11. nursetim

nursetim

Ot to put a fine point on it , but he “commanded” the raid, he damn sure didn’t lead it. He commanded it from a secure location and was not at any time, within the last decade at least, in danger of anything worse than a paper cut.

Oh yeah, he was a hold over cuckold for his boyfriend obama.

janice6, Steady Glockin, plp and 7 others like this.
  12. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 L T G

Well done ! B C ...

janice6, First shot and Fred Hansen like this.
  13. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 L T G

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Not me"
    [​IMG]

14. kp352g

kp352g

First shot and pgg00 like this.
  15. DonD

DonD

When you're a 4-star, you're really never detached from the service. You have an obligation to as I said, to speak temperately not savage him in an editorial printed by the piece of trash, obscenely biased WA Post. They despise conservatives, loved the Dolt.

Regarding the poll you quoted, I say rubbish. I'd bet you it was heavily oriented to junior enlisted and junior officers. I'd like to see the data for career enlisted and officers. Bet the approval numbers would be vastly higher.

Polls are generally worthless. If they were accurate, Trump would have stopped campaigning months before the election as the polls had the slimy Hildabeast up by as much as 12%. Don

Steady Glockin likes this.
  16. TxGun

TxGun

He's the moron, and a pal of the previous administration, who recently expressed support for John Brennan, calling that known leaker of classified information, and former Commie voter "a man of integrity". That right there should cause any reasonable person to be skeptical of McRaven's judgement. He has an agenda, and, in pursuing it, apparently lacks the honor to adhere to tradition.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    fx77, janice6, Steady Glockin and 6 others like this.
  17. thewitt

thewitt

Admirals and Generals are generally (sic) very political, which is how they got the job in the first place.

I had the distinct displeasure of working for one for several years who was the very definition of Affirmative Action gone wrong. I've never been in the presence of a leader with so little leadership ability in my life.

Happily, when he was not able to deliver the government contracts he was hired to help us acquire, he was let go.

18. ACE31

ACE31

Agreed, good riddance to a NWO and deep state member.

janice6, rayzer007 and JFrame like this.
  19. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

Political, yes. Partisan, no.

20. thewitt

thewitt

It is not uncommon for Generals and Admirals to "retire" with an incoming President.