Bill Introduced to Allow Concealed Carry for Judges and Prosecutors

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by GeorgiaGlocker, Aug 5, 2020.

1. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Why is that good news? Does it effect you? Would you deny someone something because you can’t get it? So if a national reciprocity Bill was introduced, people in NJ should be against it because they can’t get permits in the first place?
    LEOSA is already here but needs improvements. And if you want LEOSA privileges, there are ways you could get it too. Go become a reserve police officer or a police officer , put up with the BS that comes with it. And if you do that for every working day for 10 years or more, you can have the privilege in retirement if you requalify each year.

And many LEOSA requalification “services” will not requal a police retiree who doesn’t have a CCW permit as well.

tacit mesa likes this.
  2. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

Well non- Prosecutors and Judges are most likely to be murdered by people who most Citizens would say should have been in prison for numerous prior crimes, if not for soft prosecutors and judges...

Come to think of it, maybe prosecutors and judges should be the only people NOT allowed to conceal carry ;)

Dave Brubaker and orangejeep06 like this.

3. orangejeep06

orangejeep06

So by your statement you’re saying my right to carry a firearm to defend myself is predicated on death threats?
    That’s absurd.

4. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Do you think they go try to kill “soft” prosecutors or judges? Or the ones that are tough on them.

5. The Viking

The Viking

The hell with the nobility let the peasants be armed also.

Trademark and kahrcarrier like this.
  6. 1cm

1cm

It is good news because I am against it.

LEOSA is for folks who carry/carried a gun everyday as part of the job. Everyone else can get an LTC. No reason a judge or prosecutor cant. And in my state (TX), Judge and prosecutor get special privileges, so it is preferable over LEOSA.

Exactly my point. Thanks for making it. If a judge or prosecutor wants LEOSA privileges, then they can go become a reserve officer.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    Trademark likes this.
  7. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Well, judges don’t usually join gangs and roam around ghettos getting into gun fights over drugs (or just wearing the crip hat in the blood neighborhood) so maybe that explains your statistics?

8. PrescottGlock

PrescottGlock

The points made:
    • Judicial officers are looking for legislation to allow them to carry because of the threats they face.
    • I showed that judicial officers are much less likely to be murdered than the average American, threats or no.
    • Further, despite the reported myriad of threats to them, judicial officers get murdered at less than 1/3 the rate of other Americans.
    • So apparently their current protections (armed guards in courts) give protection already.
    • All of us should get the same protection, no?
    • So a national right-to-carry, concealed-carry law for all eligible is the way to make us all safer.
    • That includes people who need the protection most, i.e., those who live in bad areas.

kahrcarrier likes this.
  9. o2gt

o2gt

I understand people being upset about this proposal. I got my LTC just like anyone else in my state, there is a special provision for judges and prosecutors on the books. it does expand my ability to carry in some off limit places. I support all law abiding citizens the ability to carry, but i also dont feel bad that because of my job i have some expanded areas that i can carry. we get threats, people trying to intimidate us, wait for prosecutors to leave work, to name a few. you make defendants angry, their loved ones, not to mention victims and their families.

I dont think I'm special but i do think more people with violent tendencies might not think highly of me and many are walking around free on bond. A bond i might have apposed strongly as they stood next to me in a court room. Its not uncommon to see people I deal with professionally when i go out in everyday life.

10. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

Likely not as much difference as you would think. If it’s the first felony and they get sent up they are mad. if they are finally sent up after 17 “warnings” they are mad.

11. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

Seems like a few posters have the "I've got mine, Jack" attitude when they are asked to be concerned about the rights of others who aren't also in their special class.

Trademark and orangejeep06 like this.
  12. billorights

billorights

I thought they all carried anyway. Whose going to question them about it? I know judges here in NC usually are heeled under those robes. I even have the pre Model 10 S&W snub .38 Spl. that a Chief District Court Judge carried on the bench all the time. He never fired it. Far as I can tell, it has never been fired since it left the factory. Only thing he did wrong was scratch his initials on the bottom of the grip frame. Dammit.

orangejeep06 likes this.
  13. Ordell Robbie

Ordell Robbie Giant Member

They need to get a CCW like anyone else and follow all the same rules, if the gun laws are too strict in their states, they should work to change them. As far as any threats go, those are occupational hazards, if you can't deal with them find another occupation...

14. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Because of
    Doxing
    Doxing, or doxxing, is the Internet-based practice of researching and publicly broadcasting private or identifying information about an individual or organization. The methods employed to acquire this information include searching publicly available databases and social media websites, hacking, and social engineering

Doxing may be carried out for various reasons, including inflicting harm, harassment, online shaming, extortion, coercion, business analysis, risk analytics, aiding law enforcement or vigilante versions of justice.[
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing

15. Climbhard

Climbhard

Yup
    different laws for different people. Fair has got nothing to do with it.... but it should

16. agtman

agtman 10mm Philosopher

Special rights for ... 'special people.' :upeyes:

17. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

While I disagree with the need to prove death threats , many CCW permit jurisdictions require that for it to be issued.

Should those people complain that you don’t have show a “need” and they do.
    Most of them can’t . It would interfere with their judge position. A conflict of interest.

orangejeep06 likes this.
  18. Rick James45

Rick James45

Me, being a simpleton, believes when one man thinks his life is "more important" than the next because they are super important, then I will show you a world class A-hole.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

So explain why these great self absorbed folks deem its OK for them to afford personal protection and the unwashed not?

19. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Peace loving old men and women are being threatened and beaten for nothing more than wearing a MAGA hat in states with unconstitutional gun laws. What makes a judge or attorney any more special than them?

orangejeep06 and IAhunter like this.
  20. ked

ked

Seems to me, that my life is just as valuable as their life. As far as the statistics go, the Democrats keep telling me that if it will save “just one life“ then it’s worth it. So it really doesn’t matter if they are threatened more often than the general public, we should all have the same rights!

WayneJessie likes this.