close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bill: Guns made in SC exempt from federal regulations

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by USMCsilver, Dec 27, 2012.

1. meathead19

meathead19

Are you implying that the feds would have to come to each and every LGS and make copies or take their records in order to determine who has what?

If so, I'm not so sure that would happen. And that's fine by me. :wavey:

2. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

And it sure as hell wouldn't pass again with the idiots that got elected this time around. :steamed:

It's too bad too. I wouldn't have any issues being "limited" to Sig and Ruger. Maybe we could even get Thomson Center back too. :supergrin:

3. JayAK

JayAK

This is a commerce clause issue if there is interstate commerce. (IE: If the steel, plastic, machines, etc. come from outside of the state...) If this happens the Fed's can and will regulate it.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  4. Wyoming

Wyoming

Wyoming passed the same kind of law.

All the States mention above that did the same thing are just doing what California did with pot.

Not much good has come from California but circumventing federal law based on the interstate commerce clause may be one.:whistling:

5. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

As others have correctly pointed out the Federal Government has no constitutional grounds by which to promulgate any statutes or regulations governing firearms.

The Federal Government uses the fraudulent interstate commerce clause to interject themselves into the equation.

If the transaction does not involve interstate commerce what basis do they have to interfere?

6. Wyoming

Wyoming

Exactly. The funny part is that it took a bunch a pot smokers to figured that one out.

7. dwhite53

dwhite53

The original intent of the commerce clause was to prevent for example, Ohio preventing Kentucky from shipping goods through the state to Michigan. Also to keep the states from charging duty on goods passing through states.

Commerce clause at its heart does not apply in this situation.

Couple years ago the Imperial government got involved in a pizza store robbery out in the midwest. Reason being that the flour used to make the pizza dough was transported on interstate highways from a neighboring state. Thus, they stated, the Imperial government had jurisdiction. What crap.

Two dumbest things the founders did in drafting the constitution were not defining "provide for the common good" more closely and leaving the commerce clause wide open.

Quote:
    "That's a fine PR move, but it doesn't actually mean anything. A state can't just exempt itself from federal regulation. If that was the case, it would happen all the time. It only works with the marijuana thing because the Feds don't seem to really care anymore

It means a lot if your State is willing o fight for it.
    I have yet to understand why every gun manufacturer hasn't moved to Texas."

More states don't do this because the Imperial government has the states hooked on a POWERFUL drug........................... MONEY! States emempting themselves from Imperial demands is fully consistent with the constitution.

The Imperial government will simply cut off the highway money, the education money, the healthcare money, the whatever money, if you DO NOT COMPLY with their demands. Powerful stuff money.

The states are slowly killing their own residents taking the darn money as $0.46 of every dollar is BORROWED. Gotta be paid back sometime, somehow.

All the Best,
    D. White

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  8. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

The only way the feds have any control over this sort of thing is the interstate commerce clause. If 30 states decided this was the way they would do things, then the fed system would be overburdened trying to run the criminal cases.

If you had the ability to make a firearm, and did so for your use only, would you be required to serialize it or be listed as a manufacturer?

9. Wyoming

Wyoming

:goodpost:

Wyoming was force into a lot of laws by threating to cut off highway funds. The 55 MPH really POed a lot of drivers out here. No one was driving 55 MPH on the Washington beltway so why should we? States out west were ready to tell Imperial government (I like your description!) to keep money. Interstate 80 is free to use until you get to Indian then toll road. Imperial government knew peons were made enough to put toll booths up to pay for roads and gave their blessing to 65 than later 75 MPH speed limit.

10. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

But WY could have exercised their right and forfeited the place on the government tit. The same $ club was used to get BAC limits lowered.

11. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

I hope so...I already got a couple of nice spots picked out where Colt and Remington can set up shop (they were talking about leaving Conneticutt over some pending legislation).

12. Wyoming

Wyoming

It is hard to defend driving and drinking. When I came here in 1980 having an open container in the vehicle while driving was not against the law. Driving with a BAC of .1% was a DUI but just because there was an open container didn't mean you were drinking.

Now driving down a road in Wyoming's open spaces at 55 MPH pissed everybody off. The last speeding ticket I got was for $18 by the WHP. It did not count on my driving record because I was driving under the old speed limit.

The 55 MPH was a law that nobody believed in or the police felt was a crime against humanity. In fact it did more to flame the "sagebrush rebellion" of the 80's as "remember the Alamo" did to inflame the Texans.

13. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

Sterling, can you provide a link to this article so I can share it and so you can edit it before a mod has a hissy fit?

14. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

:rofl:

The potheads are following the example already set by gun-free states.