Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi;

I'm in the market for an AK and am wondering if this show would be worth the trip? I'm no more than 90 minutes away, so time and distance isn't any concern.

I'm more or less looking for dealers to check out and those to avoid.

Thanks.
Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am sure some of the more local guys will have better info for you because I just go to school down there and have only been to one of the Bill Goodman shows. I don't recall there being many AKs present though. Ton of Mosins, bunch of handguns, but not many AKs or ARs. Ton of other stuff too, knives, ammo, random crap...Unfortunately I have nothing on dealers that would be present. I am sure the local shops, Peabody's, VRA, etc. will have booths, but beyond that I have no idea.

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
I was at the last show at Hara and there were quite a few AK variants for sale. I have no interest in them so I could not comment on brands or prices. All I know is that I was looking for a S&W .45 ACP revolver and there were none to be seen.

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
OK, it is 11:00 am Sunday and I just got back. Lots of AKs. Don't know what kinds but I think you should be able to find something to suit you. On the other hand, if there were 10 new S&W revolvers there larger than J frame, I missed them. I give up, I am going to Old English next week, they at least have a S&W case.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, it is 11:00 am Sunday and I just got back. Lots of AKs. Don't know what kinds but I think you should be able to find something to suit you. On the other hand, if there were 10 new S&W revolvers there larger than J frame, I missed them. I give up, I am going to Old English next week, they at least have a S&W case.
I just got back a little while ago. Picked up a Romanian WASR10 with two extra mags and other assorted goodies for $389. I think I did okay. Bought a case of ammo and a manual for it. Picked up a Ka-Bar TDI while I was there.

All in all I think it was a good day. I'm on vacation this week so I have something new to play with.

Good luck with your Smith & Wesson hunt. And thanks to both of you for the replies.

Mike

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
Glad you found an AK and goodies, it was a pretty good show. I have been to the last 2 shows at Hara and they had completely different feels to them. I saw most of the same big dealers, but this one had some older guys with some cool stuff for a change. I guess I need to go more often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts