Bill Cosby weighs in on Trayvon Martin case

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by gunslinger3, Apr 8, 2012.

1. gunslinger3

gunslinger3 Μολὼν λαβέ

2. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent

When I carry a gun, I want to protect my family from people that want to kill somebody.
    I don't think that gun carrying police officers want to harm or kill anyone. Why would I?

3. AKmik

AKmik

What a #[email protected]!ing circus this is turning into.
    Who gives a flying @#! what Bill cosby thinks about anything, last I herd he was a comedian!!! Oh yeah, he is black so he must know that this was racially motivated.

Not bashing your post, just the medias twisting of the entire situation, and the race card madness that is being shoved down our throats. I think someone should maby look at statistics, and reality. There is a possibility that the victim may have been up to no good. Not saying he was , but it may be the case and until the investigation is over no one knows for sure. If Zman was wrong, he will pay but Im guessing it won't be the media that figures it all out.

I live in Alaska and on the news last night was a segment of a gathering in Anchorage. A large group holding signs calling for justice, and harping how it was racially motivated. I think this is a joke. The investigation is on going, and surely all the relavent facts have not been released. But these folks 4000 miles away have made up their minds based on fox news coverage.

The worst part is now the media is portraying anyone who carries a weapon as someone who is just looking for someone to shoot. "Concealed carry killers" what's next?

This word sums up exactly what is happening here, no one knows all the facts yet.

prej·u·dice   [prej-uh-dis] Show IPA noun, verb, -diced, -dic·ing.
    noun
    an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason
    any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.

4. TexasFats

TexasFats NRA, TSRA, SAF

I guess that he thinks that we all are as well-protected from the sociopathic predators in society as he is. Me, I just don't want to have to rely on the mercy of some crazy meth-head who has come to rob me. Without a gun, most of us would be able to do nothing but beg, "Please don't hurt me". That is not an acceptable option.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

I tend to respect Bill Cosby and what he says.

I think he was off base with "When you carry a gun, you mean to harm somebody, kill somebody", unless he would change "mean to" to "are prepared to" which had better be the truth or you should not be carrying.

I do agree with his sentence that if Z did not have his pistol he probably would not have approached the youth. In fact, his pistol did empower him. According to most Neighborhood Watch programs, Z was wrong in following and contacting the youth.

As for disarming Neighborhood watch, that is really a tough one. My response would be "no", but there are some folks in Neighborhood Watch who are in it for the wrong reasons. I think better training as to what TO do, and what NOT TO do would be called for, instead.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  6. coqui33

coqui33 NRA Instructor

Cosby contributed a great deal of money to Sharpton for the Tawana Brawley "demonstrations". As far as I know, he still insists that she was raped and smeared with feces by the Wappingers Falls police and prosecutors. As a comedian, he is a genius. But he is a loyal follower of Sharpton, and has always put his money behind Sharpton's mouth.

7. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

Dear Bill Cosby:

thank you for introducing Lisa Bonet to the world, now please die.

8. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

I doubt it.
    Remember, his son was shot while on the side of a road changing a flat tire.

9. jack76590

jack76590

You mention drugs, esp a drug that can make a person aggressive.

I heard police took sample of Martin's blood. I have not heard the results of their tests. Does anyone think it is possible Martin had illegal drugs in his system, esp drugs that could make him aggressive?

If Martin was on drugs it will be interesting to see the reaction. This could be Zimmerman's avoid jail card.

10. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

What an *ss.

I guess all cops mean to "harm somebody, kill somebody" too, right?

Wonder what his yearly security bill looks like. I'm sure all his private security never carries firearms. :whistling: Hey Bill, give me $1 million a year so I can hire some 24/7 bodyguards.

11. Happypuppy

Happypuppy

The people like Cosby are so out of touch with reality that it's comical. They have security people with them whenever needed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. RickD

RickD Pro-Open Curry Millennium Member

Prof. Gary Kleck (Florida State) proved that to be incorrect back in 1988 when he showed that the vaaaast majority of DGUs did not involve firing the gun.

13. ijacek

ijacek

social commentator instead of comedian, to give him more credibility.

citizen-on-citizen U.S. slaying facing the Obama administration. Obama himself chose to inject himself into the case and controversy following it. His comments were uncalled for and downright reckless. For a president that promised to bridge the gap between races, he is doing an outstanding job!

“confrontation” yeah let's downplay the entire incident.

unarmed 17-year-old everyday you hear that this case is about race, but somehow this is not mentioned here. No, because this piece of pointless ramble by the columnist is about THE GUN. It's like an infomercial for the anti-gun leftist agenda.

a Navy veteran false authority. Let's show that he was in the military, which in turn makes him "expert in the matter." And while I am in no way taking away from his distinguished career his speciality was not in the firearms.

whose actions have stirred a firestorm of debate, protests and remarks from President Obama. correct me if I am wrong, but was it not the POLICE and State Attorney's "inaction" that caused the protests and such?

It's like I am back in communist Poland, reading the Party propaganda! WTF over.

14. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

:agree:

15. TheDud

TheDud

It's in the interest of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to keep racism alive for if it fades, so do they.

16. jb1911

jb1911

What he said.

17. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Well said.

18. samuse

samuse

I'll play.

I've never had a rascist bone in my body, but the past few years of media makes me want to hate someone or something.

It's really frustrating to see the stupidity and how people react to it.

19. thinkfast

thinkfast

I was surprised when I saw this article linked on Drudge...the last several years, Mr. Cosby's been making few friends in the black community for calling for personal responsibility and calling spades spades. Right on. But he seems like he doesn't get it this time.

20. RightGlock1

RightGlock1

And that's another reason not to waste money on Cosby's comedy tour. What a ******.
    If his son had been armed, he might have had a chance. Bill needs to rethink his stance.