Biggest online pet peeves.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Domestic615, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Domestic615

Domestic615 OD G19

Whats yours?

Mine is searching through the firearms listings and seeing guns im really interested in and the seller not posting pics and having to ask for them. :crying:

2. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

This. I usually don't ask, I just move on.

3. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

Hackers in games, annoying kids who whine all the time in games, kids who threaten to kill people etc etc.

4. The_Drizzle

The_Drizzle I make it rain!

Trying to find info. on a gun and having to filter through all the air soft crap.

5. timbob

timbob

I can't even stomach video games any longer. 99% of that crap is a cash-grab against the idiots who will buy anything with a little hype.

Developers used to make games that were worth playing, 100+ hours of gameplay. Now you just get complete garbage like Modern Warefare 2, which boasts $200 million in marketing and only $2.5 in development and a whopping 5 HOURS of gameplay at a HIGHER price.

My biggest online pet peeve? Facebook, MySpace, Twitter... anything with a goofy name the moronic media is ready to jump all over as being 'the next big thing'.

I wonder how many people would still be using that crap if they had any idea how badly they were being exploited.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  6. timbob

timbob

lol someone wants a G18.

7. gearjammer351

gearjammer351 EnemyOfTheState

People who start forum threads to ***** about their online pet peeves. :whistling:

Just kidding:wavey:

Seriously- I've experienced this:
    Also- Facebook. I have a couple of friends who live far away who invited me to use it, and it seemed like a good way to keep in touch with them. Then, I added my local friends, and it is nice to see regular updates from people I know and care about, but don't talk to often. However, I'm sick of high-school friends, distant relatives, and friends-of-friends sending me messages or posting crap on my wall.

Guess what- there's a reason you haven't heard from me in 10/15/20 years!

I'm seriously considering deleting my page, and just a few months ago I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

8. timbob

timbob

I deactivated my account about three weeks ago after reading about the bull**** patents the company (Facebook) was obtaining. I say deactivated because they own every letter, word or picture you post and they can not be truly removed or deleted, only deactivated. This goes for your entire account.

They make money by getting people to share as much personal information as possible and then sell it to whomever has an interest in it.

I joined because I moved out of the country and it seemed like a good way to keep in touch. :upeyes:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  9. CLena88

CLena88

^ you could do what I have done, I block all the game apps, and am blocked to anyone who is not a friend, I'm not in a network, so that loophole is closed, and I have all my security settings very high, you don't know I exist on facebook till I friend request you.

10. gearjammer351

gearjammer351 EnemyOfTheState

I may try this. I have at least blocked the stupid games, but I haven't taken the time to figure out all the privacy settings yet.

11. Kabarred

Kabarred

The key is playing with people you know. I played "World in Conflict" competitively for several hundred hours over the last 2 years.. 99% of the time with the same people. There are a CRAP LOAD of immature kids that play and you have to deal with every day, but if you surround yourself with people you know and enjoy playing with, it makes it all the better.

12. cheez

cheez

My pet peeve would be making a deal on an item in the classifieds section and the other party lying and not showing up or even having the courtesy to call. I mean really. How difficult is it to pick up the phone and say "I'm not going to make it" or "I have changed my mind"

13. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Going to a site of a vendor only to get "locked in" with no way to get out of their site other than placing an order or restarting the computer.

14. ross2004

ross2004 Mark it zero!

15. BabyTaz

BabyTaz Mrs Codivecop

Haven't had this happen. I hate putting an order together on a site, then they want me to try to remember a sign in/password I haven't used in a year. I am willing to enter my info each time, GIVE ME THE OPTION TO DO IT!!!

:steamed:

16. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy

I agree! If your gonna sell something SELL IT like you really mean it, pictures and details. Sometimes I even like to know why your selling maybe you found out something about it that if I buy it from you I won't like either.

17. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Signal to noise ratio.

18. Halojumper

Halojumper

Or trying to find anything about Russian Martial Arts. Apparently Systema is some sort of Airsoft part.

19. kymarkh

kymarkh

People who say IBTL. Said it myself for the first time today, figure if you can't beat'em - join'em. Watch my post count climb now!!!

20. Marine8541

Marine8541 iseedeadpeople