Biggest Criminals....Ins Companies

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by slick64, Feb 19, 2010.

1. slick64

slick64

Apparently there was a rate increase across TX that everyone is paying for......so they raise the rates across the state, to make sure they have enough to cover everyone (so they say).

My multi-policy and multi-vehicle discounts are I was told a fixed percentage along with being a preferred operator, and renewal discounts.

My motorcycle policy goes up $450, yet my discounts are 50% of what they were last year. With a rate increase if they are fixed I would expect them to be bigger not less than last year, and after being put on hold....they don't have an answer all of a sudden. I asked if I and everyone else they cover was being penalized because of other bad drivers and she basically said yes.

I asked if I could quadruple my $1K deductible and they said they won't go any higher than $1K and no other company will either.

Now I need to shop around and start from scratch......what a PITA.

2. shavedape

shavedape

Yup, it's happening everywhere, not just TX. It's all a scam. Somehow I went from a #1 on the tier of policy rates to a #2 but haven't had a blip in my driving or credit score or anything in years with this company. Oddly enough no one has returned my call to my insurance company to find out why this is so.

There's also some mandatory rate increase for coverage for uninsured motorists such as you were describing. So because I've always been smart enough to have insurance in case others on the road don't, I'm now penalized more for having been smart enough to have insurance for when others on the road don't. Sigh...