Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
What's a Glock?
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Biggest Failure thread in here got me to thinking about this...

What do you guys think would be the biggest failure of the cartridge itself? I'm talking 9mm, .45acp, 10mm, etc. Not the specific firearm or ammo manufacturer, just the design of the cartridge itself?

:whistling:

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
Biggest failure? .45 GAP. It just hasn't got much going for it, except an excellent platform... Glock! Maybe if someone else starts chambering it, it might last. But right now, it don't look to ave any legs.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Oh, just off the top of my head, handgun wise, the 9mm Federal.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
probably what naa came out with, the 25 naa and 32 naa. seems like that never caught on at all. i never saw ammo or the guns chambered for it.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I wonder how many of the "short magnum" versions of common centerfire rifle cartridges will be around in twenty years.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Has to be a toss up between the 41Mag and the 10mm. Neither became the Police Ctg. that they were suppose to be. Dang shame too.

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
5mm magnum, but i bet if Remington were to bring it back it'd do well. it also fits the criteria well, firearm didn't have any issues, it was the cartridge.

can add:
.22 jet
.256 ruger, hawkeye or whatever it was called
all the .32 magnums

·
Rude Member
3,063 Posts
45 GAP. People who own em seem to love em, but since no other gun manufacturers are chambering any of their guns in that caliber, and the ones that were have ceased production of them, it would seem that the round offers no distinct advantage over the .45acp.

.327 federal magnum. Fails to deliver the same balistics as .357 mag, and fails to provide less felt recoil, all things it was supposedly designed to do.

·
Decap Pin Killa
18,083 Posts
At least .41 mag and 10mm still have a following and can be found.

I was thinking 7mm Shooting Times Westerner (yep a cartridge named after a gun rag).

·
Formerly retired EE.
13,738 Posts
Bottleneck pistol cartridges, all of them. Except five-seven, which at least has a meaninful purpose.
Got to argue that one. 7.62 x 25 is a hot little round that is a lot of fun to shoot. Romanian surplus does 1500+ FPS out of a C52. 2000+ FPS out of a carbine. That is .30 carbine performance for less than $0.10 a shot. Definitely has a purpose in my book.

·
Super Moderator
19,984 Posts
For conventional cartridges, another vote for the .41 AE.

For ANY cartridge, from a total uselessness standpoint, the Gyrojet (again).

How about the various caseless munitions, like the Daisy VL or the ammo for the H&K G11? Neither of those set the world on fire...

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,877 Posts
I wonder how many of the "short magnum" versions of common centerfire rifle cartridges will be around in twenty years.
That's what I hated about the firearms industry for the last 8 years of so. Everybody and their brother wanted to produce the latest, bestest proprietary cartridge.

the .204 Ruger will stick around, so will the .300 Win Short Mag. maybe the .270 WinShort.

Most of the Rem Ultra Mags are gone already.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts