Bigger and Better - Announcing the Dallas, TX GSSF Match Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Gadget Bob, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Gadget Bob

Gadget Bob

Hi Fellow GSSF Competitors,

The Dallas Pistol Club (DPC) is very excited to host our annual Glock Match once again and in partnership with the GSSF, we look forward to a terrific shooting event. It is set for October 31st and November 1st.

Pre-registration:
    We highly recommend you pre-register for the match to avoid delays on match day. Click GSSF Online Registration to be directed to gssfonline.com. There you will find match registration forms, a New Competitor Brief, and GSSF Current Rules. Review the match registration forms, choose the divisions in which you wish to compete, join GSSF (required if you are not already a member), and follow the instructions for submitting your registrations and paying match fees.

The Match: (Glock Pistols only)
    Each competitor shoots three standard Glock Stages: Glock the Plates, (4 runs), Glock “M”, (3 runs), and 5 to Glock, (3 runs). Please have at least 4/5 magazines loaded as you come to the ready line for each stage/division chosen. While we shoot until all registered shooters have completed the stages, the latest time you can register at a stage is 2:00 pm each day.

Match Day:
    Shooters may compete on either of the two match dates - Sat 10/31 or Sun 11/1, or both. Please check in (Bldg.# 1) (Registration, raffle tickets, practice range tickets, Glock armorer) to pick up pre-registered score-sheet labels for each division/stage or to register/receive score-sheet labels. After you receive your labels, we recommend you register at each stage before you begin shooting. New for 2020, a practice bay will be provided if you wish to warm-up before competing. The practice bay fee is $10 per 15 minutes.

Awards/Prizes:
    GSSF awards cash, pistol certificates, and other prizes based on match performance by division and at random. Additional Special Category Performance awards go to Ladies, Juniors, Seniors, Super-Seniors and Challenged.

New for 2020: The Dallas Pistol Club will also provide additional opportunities to win Glock pistol certificates. You may purchase raffle tickets ($10 each, no limit) in Bldg # 1 and on the grounds during the match for the raffle of two Glock pistol certificates. We will award raffle drawn pistol certificates for each day’s shooting participation. Match pistol raffle winners will be chosen Sunday afternoon. You do not need to be present to win. Also new this year, you may compete in the Plate Rack Side Match on either day for cash award. Entry fees are $10/run or $20/three runs. Fastest time recorded for both days per classification wins $50.00. (Classifications: Unlimited, Stock, Rimfire)

Volunteers: (Headquarters, Bldg. #2)
    Volunteers are the heart of any Glock Match. We extend our deep thanks in advance to this hard-working group. We are building the volunteer group now and are gratified with the terrific response. We still need volunteers, however. Please visit DPC 2020 Volunteer Registration age (https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d4da8ae29a3fb6-lone) to sign up and choose how and when you would like to help, even if you have signed up previously or given contact information. Friday setup work begins at 10:00 am, Saturday & Sunday begin at 8:00 am.

For each half-day worked, each volunteer will receive one raffle ticket for a Glock pistol certificate. These tickets will be separated in boxes marked by “day worked”. (Fri/Sat) (Sun) This means your chances of winning a pistol greatly improve. It pays to volunteer! Once these two day’s pistols are drawn, we will combine all volunteer tickets for additional pistol drawings if we receive more than four pistol certificates from Glock. (This number depends solely on the number of total pistol classifications registered for the match.) We will continue drawing until all additional certificates have been awarded. The volunteer raffle drawing will occur Sunday afternoon.

**** Members of Glock Match Committee and DPC Board of Directors are not eligible to participate in raffle contests as described.

Additional information:
    Individuals in the Law Enforcement community may enter the match in Glock’s Guardian classification either as individual shooters or in 3-man teams.

Volunteers who compete in the match are also afforded the opportunity to be squaded immediately at each stage with minimal waiting.

See GSSF Current Rules for divisions, permitted pistol modifications, and other information.
    Round count: Figure 150 rounds per pistol division chosen with 75 rounds for sub class.
    Come prepared: Range bag for gear, wagon, eye and ear protection for shooters and guests, cap, sun protection, pistol, ammo, magazines.

We look forward to seeing you at the Dallas Pistol Club for our 26th Annual Glock Match.

Thank you,
    Ed Daude, Asst. Match Director
    Madeline Maggard, Asst. Match Director
    Bob Irving, Asst. Match Director
    Chuck Hasley, Asst. Match Director
    Rick Mathews, Match Director

jstaylor62 likes this.
  2. professor309

professor309

Are we going to be required to complete the DPC waiver?

And if shooting both days, will we need to complete it both days?

That could place a bottle neck on the sign in process and I believe everyone can do it that morning, prior to arrival even, with your online waiver process.

3. Gadget Bob

Gadget Bob

Hi 309!,

Thanks for your interest!

The answer is "Yes" on both questions... It can be done on on-line from your cell phone, on our club tablet, or on paper if necessary. It is a slick process and shouldn't cause a bottleneck.

Regards,

Bob

4. professor309

professor309

I’ll do my part and send the link to those I know that will be attending so they can complete it the morning of, prior to arriving.

Thanks Bob!

5. FillYerHands

FillYerHands you son of a

Wish I could be there. Dallas was my first GSSF match, in 1995. I had a great time!

Of course this was back in the day when scores were mailed to us a month later, and I remember my astonishment when my score sheet was tucked behind a check for $100!

Now in those days scoring was different than now: they divided the division into thirds, A class, B class and C class. As it turns out, I came in second in C class and won the $100. Wooo!

So then I got to looking at it, and I saw the winners of each division got a free Glock! And then I figured that if I had just made a little better score, I would have come in first in C, and won the pistol. I was pissed at myself.

But then I realized that if I had done even a little better than that, I would have come in last place in B division. So I shut up and took the money.

Seriously though, I am going to make a plan to take the wife to Dallas next fall and shoot with you guys. See you then!

PM720 likes this.
  6. Preyhunter

Preyhunter Huckleberry

This match has historically been held in the spring, but was moved this year due to Covid-19 as I understand it. I would anticipate it moving back to the spring once things begin to return to pre-virus routine, but the host could provide more info on that.

professor309 likes this.
  7. FillYerHands

FillYerHands you son of a

Hey, spring works, too. I love the Rangers.

8. Gadget Bob

Gadget Bob

Correct, Preyhunter on this match moving back to April next spring.

9. Gadget Bob

Gadget Bob

Hi GSSF Competitors,

The weather forecast for this weekend's Dallas match is looking fantastic. Come on out and join the fun at the Dallas Pistol Club in Carrollton on Saturday and/or Sunday. https://dallaspistolclub.com/

Experience our new practice bay to get warmed up and take the Lone Star Classic Plate Rack Side Match challenge to see how your skills stack up. Remember to buy a raffle ticket or two, for another great way to win a Glock pistol certificate in addition to match performance and GSSF random drawings!

Also, new for 2020 at the Lone Star Classic, take advantage of our multi-lanes to move competitors shooting multiple divisions faster than ever. Bring your G44 and shoot the match with .22LR, too.

Lastly, don't forget to take advantage of the on-site Glock factory armorer to get your Glock's inspected and springs/parts refreshed, as needed.

See you this weekend on the challenging, but very enjoyable 3 GSSF stages! (I love 5 to Glock, what do you like?)

Regards,

Gadget Bob

professor309 likes this.
  10. Gadget Bob

Gadget Bob

Set-up completed at 8:00PM this evening... Come on out and shoot with us this weekend! You will be gld you did!

professor309 likes this.
  11. BrazosCoTX

BrazosCoTX

Wife and I are preregistered... see you tomorrow!

12. professor309

professor309

See you in the morning!

13. Preyhunter

Preyhunter Huckleberry

I'll be there Sunday.

professor309 likes this.
  14. itself

itself Previously Brian McQueen

Get somebody to do some low-budget live streaming via cell phone from the site. There are some good apps for that nowadays like happs app or periscope.

15. BrazosCoTX

BrazosCoTX

Perfect day... weather, facility, organization, range officers were all outstanding. My shooting was NOT outstanding, but that's on me.

I have attended this match frequently over the years, and always enjoyed it, but this year's effort was really exceptional. Well done to all who made this happen.

16. texduramax

texduramax Shooter

How was the turn out?

17. lazarus66

lazarus66

Texas! Oh Texas! all hail this mighty state!

18. BrazosCoTX

BrazosCoTX

Overall, not sure, but the door for registration opened at 9 am, and there were 20 folks in line at 8:30 am. What really helped was the number of shooting points open for each stage... at least four going at the same time for Glock 'em, 5 to Glock, and the Plates.. Plus, there were a lot of folks doing support work in addition to the RSOs. I shot two guns and was done with everything a little after noon.

PM720 and texduramax like this.
  19. Gadget Bob

Gadget Bob

Hi Lone Star Classic participants,

A special thanks to our fantastic volunteers and everyone who competed over the weekend! And all the best to the great GSSF staff that ensured our match ran like a Glock!

Until next April, take care,

Gadget Bob

20. Preyhunter

Preyhunter Huckleberry

For the weekend, I believe it was 459 with the record at 502. Pretty good turnout for Covid and ammo scarcity, IMO. I also think it was 33 entries that were no-show. If my numbers are off, they are pretty close.

PM720 and texduramax like this.