Big test tomoorow.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Schaffer, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Schaffer

Schaffer

I've been going through the process with a local dept. They are looking to hire one full time officer, great pay,benefits, killer gear and anything else I need.

I tested 4 out of 13 on the written. Tomorrow is the physical fitness portion. Have not had a physical test in over a year, since the acdeamy.

That's all!

2. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

As far as the physical, I'm sure you'll be fine.

I'm guessing since it's your local PD, you'd be thrilled to work there. Take it from my experience, #4 isn't bad, but that means there's 3 others they like better, and when they're hiring 1, that's tougher odds than you might think. 4 out of 13 is no different than 4 out of 1300 if they only hire 1. I can't count the time I've been top 5 and then passed because they went with their #1, #2, or #3 guy (or gal).

Nevertheless, good luck. I'll send good vibes your way. Consider keeping your options open.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013

3. Schaffer

Schaffer

Semi local, same county I live in. The written test was pass/fail but they ranked everyone. Friend of mine tested no. 2. Hopefully I dazzle them in the interview.

4. Ajon412

Ajon412

Good luck and keep us posted.....:wavey:

5. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Echoing Ajon:

Good luck, man! Let us know how it goes!

6. collim1

collim1

The interview is what counts. Our written test and physical test is simply pass/fail, the scores/times make no difference in the hiring process. Nail the interview and the job is yours. Good luck.

7. Schaffer

Schaffer

Well I passed the test with flying colors. Everyone that passed is now on to an oral board.

In a strange twist the number one and two testers failed the physical exam.

8. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

Well there you go! Good work. Now go learn everything about the agency and jurisdiction for your interview!

Sent from my Sprint Milky Way Galaxy S...

9. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Yeah, that's really not THAT strange of a twist. Pretty common, actually. But good for you for passing! Good luck on the interview. Keep us posted!

10. fortheboys

fortheboys

Big test "TOMOOROW".

I've been going through the process with a local dept. They are looking to hire one full time officer, great pay,benefits, killer gear and anything else I need.
    I tested 4 out of 13 on the written. Tomorrow is the physical fitness portion. Have not had a physical test in over a year, since the "ACDEAMY".

Congratulations. Hopefully a spelling test will not be part of the testing. :)
    Let us know how it works out for you.

11. Schaffer

Schaffer

haha, i noticed the spelling mistakes after i posted. I was at the tail end of a long shift and was typing on my phone. Good thing is spelling was on the written and i passed.

Any tips for the oral board? I've never done this before, all my previous experiences have been relaxed sit down style interviews.

12. Morris

Morris CLM

Don't try to give cop answers to question best answered by common sense thinking. Don't get riled up when they ask you "to explain." Smile. Maintain eye contact. Shake hands at the end. Dress in a suit and tie that is conservative. Don't wear excessive cologne. Don't forget to use deoderant. Relax. Breathe.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  13. Morris

Morris CLM

And no, you won't ticket your mother because doing so means for a very chilly Thanksgiving dinner.

14. fortheboys

fortheboys

It has been a while since I had an oral interview, but I do remember one of the questions that threw me off for a second.
    The question was "What are some of your bad qualities?" Be prepared for those type of questions also.
    The suit and tie thing is a must but also shine your shoes. Nothing worse than seeing someone in a suit wearing shoes that look like they were buffed with a brick.

Lots of luck

15. CJStudent

CJStudent No Longer Fenced In

So how did it go?

16. Schaffer

Schaffer

Oral board tomoorow. Got my suit pressed and my shoes shined.

17. CJStudent

CJStudent No Longer Fenced In

Woohoo! Just remember, don't mention anything about that time in Tijuana with the pink bunny suit....