Big Squat Attempt

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by DBradD, Sep 20, 2007.

1. DBradD

DBradD

2. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

I always squat in a power rack. I can see guys who are going to compete out of a monolift using one in the gym. Monolifts are also supposedly better for band training, but I have done lots of squats with bands (up to blue bands) in a rack with a walkout.

In the first video, the spotters did a lousy job. In the second, where the hell were the spotters? Great bunch of training partners he has - standing around with their thumbs up their butts while he falls.

3. DBradD

DBradD

It's amazing how many videos like these are on youtube. There are even more bench press accident videos, mostly with guys losing thumbless grips and dropping the weight on themselves in a most hideous manner.

I think it was over 1100 lb in that first video. Those guys were really lucky to not lose any fingers, especially with the large DBs sitting on the ground right below the weight.

When I was in HS, one of my buddies lost part of his index finger in a vaguely similar manner. He was spotting another guy and the guy didn't get his weight. My buddy pulled the weight onto the rack and the guy sat up, grabbed the end of the bench, lifted it and slammed it (throwing a little tantrum). This pitched the bar off the rack. He couldn't let go of the bar and it pinched off part of his finger against the bench. I was looking right at them and it happened so fast that I didn't realize he was hurt. I had just finished up a set of weighted dips and was taking the weight off. I still remember my exact thought: "Those aholes bent that bar. Now we're gonna be in trouble." :rofl: I went outside and he showed me his finger. That was a nasty sight! Gleaming white bone with chewed up finger and tendon hanging off.

4. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

5. DBradD

DBradD

LOL, she definitely went lower than all the 1100+ squats I've seen on youtube. I think they've brought parallel up about 2" since 1992.

Oh wait, were you typing about something other than form? :animlol: