Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a can of Big Red Grease yesterday which is manufactured by FPPF Chemicals. I sprayed it on the slide of my CZ 75B as well as the barrel lugs and the outside of the barrel (which contacts the slide when the gun cycles).

I let it set for about 15 minutes and cycled the slide several times. What I noticed is that the gun was a lot quieter with the grease when cycled compared to the time when it was lubed with Break Free CLP. The grease also adheres to the areas where it was sprayed, and by the looks of it, the grease won't easily come off. I'll know how the grease works when I use the gun in my 1st IDPA competition.

It may be a good lubricant for competition use, but I'm skeptical using it for a carry gun.

http://www.fppf.com/bigredgrease.asp

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I use slide glide 3, I like the thick viscosity of the grease. It absorbs some of the recoil of the gun :) Its makes the slide to frame fit a lot tighter too.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The grease performed as advertised by the manufacturer. It adhered to the slide rails and the other areas that I applied the grease. Over 150 rounds with no malfunctions (first time I used the gun). Ammo was American Eagle 124 gr. I'm also very impressed with the CZ's performance. Recoil was very minimal that I hardly felt it. The gun is very accurate.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
i thought you got the .40 cal single action version of the cz-75. 9mm pala.

i have slide glide lite and a sample jar of militec grease. i use it very sparingly bec. it tends to be messy.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought you got the .40 cal single action version of the cz-75. 9mm pala.

i have slide glide lite and a sample jar of militec grease. i use it very sparingly bec. it tends to be messy.
Doc,

I have the 9mm. :) The grease stays where you put it, and somehow, it does not attract dirt. Very resistant to "throw off." I only cleaned the barrel with Break Free. I never touched the grease because I wanted to see how long it will last on the gun.

The BOGs should have been with there yesterday. A lot of shooters don't reload and never bothered retrieving their shells. Ang daming basyo! :)

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How was your IDPA match?

I think I did well, considering my last competition was in 2004 (using your BulM5) at your gun club before we moved here, and used a borrowed holster and mag pouch. I also got to shot an AR carbine and a Sig rifle (which didn't recoil as much as the M4, but had inferior sights compared to the AR) in two different stages. The gun club was using Swiss M193 on the Sig and Portugese M193 on the AR. The Portugese M193 didn't exhibit any muzzle flash even if it was getting dark because of a developing thunderstorm.

The CZ functioned flawlessly, and was very accurate. It handled like a 1911. It was the first time I put ammo on the mags and they never gave me problems.

You should buy one already, bro. I know you'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nah I'll stick to my AR , I have another lower. I'll go with a 20 upper this time around

What I meant was for you to buy a CZ 75B DA/SA. :) On the other hand, I enjoyed shooting the AR more than the Sig.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts