close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BIG knife for sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by SDS knife guy, Sep 15, 2006.

1. SDS knife guy

SDS knife guy

Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry knife for sale. This knife has never been used to cut anything. I bought it several years ago and have never used it for anything other than to look at and hold.

The blade is 12 1/4 inches long and 3/16 thick. OAL is 17 3/4 inches. I do not recall what steel the blade is made from but I believe it is a high carbon steel with some type of painted on or parkerized finish. The handle is aluminum which was poured around the tang. There is a steel plate screwed onto the butt of the handle (I suppose it's there to reinforce the butt if you want to use it to hammer with).

The leather sheath is marked on the back with "EDMF, #1456, 3/02".

This knife is huge and heavy and should take a great deal of use/abuse. This is not some cheap junk knife and both the knife and sheath appear to be well made. EDMF was abot 9 months back ordered the last time I checked. I'd sell this for $100 delivered.

**Apparently I don't know how to attach the photograph properly. If someone would like me to email them pics just let me know and I'll send them. Sorry.

2. SDS knife guy

SDS knife guy

Someone found the EDMF site, I hadn't looked for it prior to posting. The address below has a picture of this knife and their price is $90. The price does not include shipping as far as I know and after looking the site says they now have a 10-11 month backorder.

http://www.edmfknives.com/page2.html

3. G-2

G-2

PM & Email sent...Please send us pics!

Here are the pics, this one's a beaut!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. G-2

G-2

Pics are up, this one's a beauty!!

5. SDS knife guy

SDS knife guy

I heard through another site that EDMF may not even be around anymore since he hasn't been able to get anyone to reply to an e-mail for almost two years.

This one is still available.

From what I have been able to gather the blade is probably 1095 or a similar high carbon steel.

6. 9jeeps

9jeeps

This 'ere's a knoife, Mate!!!!!:laughabove: :thumbsup: