Glock Talk banner

Big Buck - with Pictures

947 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Dogbite 
#1 ·
Unfortunately it isn't mine! My bowhunting buddy actually nailed this stud 2 weeks ago; yet another Pope & Young record book buck for him.

This is a 5.5 year old mature buck that field dressed 220#. His antlers have a green score of 199 inches. They are tall, massive, and very dark in color.

We know of at least one other in the area that is bigger than this guy. I would surely like to get him in my sights during the late shotgun season which opens Thursday morning! :)

Anyway, congratulations to my friend; I hope you enjoy the pix. And good luck to all in the late deer seasons.

Swede

#7 ·
Originally posted by Michigun
;P

Nice Buck!

Yardage, weapon?
Bow, don't know which one he used; all of his trophy bucks are bowkills. Gold Tip XT Hunter shafts with a 3 blade broadhead. Range was 5 yards from a treestand approximately 25 feet high.

He had seen the buck a week before but was too far away. He was able to videotape the buck on the evening of the kill; got him coming in to the tree stand and then running away after the shot.

Kilgor: Re: "it looks like he has Arkansas on his face in the second picture" - - - Yup, it sure does. :) He wanted me to blot out his face before putting his pic on the internet. Wants to keep his hunting areas, etc as private as possible.

Below is another buck he got in '99. I've always liked this guy, broken tines and all. The mount really looks good! :)

Swede

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.