BIG Box stores insurance won't pay for damage.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Deltic, Jan 17, 2020.

1. LEO/Dad

LEO/Dad Navy Veteran

Did this happen on private property by chance. Unless there are injuries, I do not believe the police would respond, at least in our state. Good luck. Since I carry collision insurance, I would expect my insurance company to chase this down.

Sfaql likes this.
  2. WABOOM

WABOOM

Ummm...call your insurance company and they will deal with it.

Jringo8769 likes this.

3. Sfaql

Sfaql

Mva on private property may add another layer of complications.

Small lady driving large SUV, hit may wife’s car while it was parked in a lot . Police came but would not take a report due to it being on private property, which I suspected would happen . But now I had photos of cops on scene ,along with photos of both damaged cars , and photos of the other drivers , DL, insurance card and so forth , along with a 911 call documenting it .

The lady agreed to just pay our estimate without going trough insurance, which is a risky way of doing it , but this time it worked out ,although when they got the estimates , they commented on how high it was .

LEO/Dad and Jringo8769 like this.
  4. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

In NY if the damage is more than $1K a police report is required.

Jringo8769 likes this.
  5. DonD

DonD

Really sorry for your troubles, hope you get some financial help. I am surprised the repair estimate wasn't higher. Don

bdcochran, larry_minn and 63Bravo like this.
  6. Sfaql

Sfaql

we’re in NYS , my understanding is if damage is $1,001 and or injuries then it must be reported to the DMV and MV104 form filed .

Police notification is required for injuries and damage to an unknown persons property only .

7. Blanton

Blanton

Without another pix for context and reference, that photo could be of any piece of equipment from anywhere, anyplace at anytime. Sorry but by itself is proof of nothing.

nikerret and FullClip like this.
  8. sarge83

sarge83

Back in the early 90's I had a friend, in his late teens was visiting his brother about 75 miles away, with his buddies all about the same age and they made a mid-night run the Krystals. While in Krystals they watched a guy cave in the rear passenger door with his car and attempt to leave the scene until a security guard who saw it stopped him. Police were called, it was written up with the other car being at fault. The whole time the guy was giving attitude and smart remarks that it wasn't his fault when finally the cop said the car was parked correctly and no one was in it how in the hell did he hit you, enough of this BS!

The guys insurance company said it was on a private company lot and they were not paying despite a ton of witnesses against their client, including a security guard, you will have to take us to court. My buddy's dad's insurance company said it wasn't worth fighting to fix the door turn it in on his insurance and we will pay it and his dad was like HELL NO, my rates will go up! Well they said we are not pursuing it. So his dad paid $350 out of pocket and repaired the damage.

My buddy not content with letting this injustice go unpunished spent several weekends at his brothers apartment with a buddy and they watched the Krystal for the guy who hit him and sure enough he showed and they tailed him to his home. They made this trip several times and figured out his pattern for Friday/Saturday nights and they waited about six months and according to my buddy the guy went inside his house, the lights went out and about an hour later a concrete block somehow went through the dudes windshield, it like just magically appeared out of thin air, karma was served...

jimcorbin likes this.
  9. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

When i was 16, a coworker at McDonald's smashed my back window and stole $1000 of subwoofers and an amplifier from me. I knew it was him because he was a drug addict and he had been asking to see my system for a while. His sister confirmed to me that he did it. Cops wouldn't even talk to him because I had no proof and his sister wasn't willing to talk to them.

A month later, somebody put spikes under each of his tires as he backed out of his parking spot from work. :innocent:

jimcorbin likes this.
  10. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Yup, a photo is only legit if there is a dollar bill in it for scale.

11. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

go to PD file a report. Mist allow you to do it online. Get a friend with backbone. Have them contact big box store. Mention lawyer, how your neck is feeling stiff, friends are advising you might be hurt, you should see a Dr.
    Go to a real body shop. They might be willing to help. They work with insurance companies, know adjusters...
    You have a social media audience. Nothing wrong with warning folks you talk to of trouble....

12. Deltic

Deltic

They lease the truck. I can try to get video but why would they give it to me?

13. Deltic

Deltic

Because I wanted my taillight replaced asap so I could use turn signals and brake lights while driving.

14. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    Metadata with the pic shows date, time and often location.

15. Deltic

Deltic

It is a bit old but it only has about 170K on the odometer. I was planning on getting a newer F-150 this summer. I might have to move that up.

16. Deltic

Deltic

All MAACO has done is replace the taillight. I don't plan on doing anything else after getting the window replaced.

17. bdcochran

bdcochran

A month later, somebody put spikes under each of his tires as he backed out of his parking spot from work. :innocent:[/QUOTE]

When shtf you can join my circle.

jimcorbin likes this.
  18. Deltic

Deltic

I have more pics.

19. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Contact the company they are leasing it from, I'm sure they would like to know how their truck is driven

20. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Did you go to the Police Dept.