Biden winning

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by johnnypaul, Jul 13, 2020.

1. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

Very true - his "head in the sand" approach is embarrassing

2. jim c

jim c Millennium Member

Make a quick buck?? WTF have you been the last few months. Even charging handles on back order . OOS. This is one of the best times to be in the game. Outside of june - aug of 94 and oct-dec 1999. Damn i miss those times of $2K AR's

Cambo likes this.

3. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

I don't think we need a dem POTUS for gun sales to be through the roof, they do enough as it is. They own everything at this point. Tyranny is coming via the "free market".

4. wild cat mccane

wild cat mccane

So I originally said Trump would be rated as the worst president.

If you follow me back a few years on GlockTalk, you'll see I've said my wife is a Dr. pulmonologist/epidimologist--long before SAR COVID19.

I can assure you, with few exceptions, people need to start reading different sources. Not only is the majority of opinion wrong, it's laughable wrong.

Thanks for those trying to correct it. If opinions can change towards facts, you'll do better because I judge people as uneducated when they repeat stupid things.

If I can give you an example in the tiny state of Utah. What percent is high risk for covid and the rest should be working? 1/3rd of the population is high risk of severe or death complications from covid, or 1 million residents. That's a big damn wall to erect around the high risk group, and also pretends that group isn't the economic powers (by definition of age, quite a few older people are actually the highest paid people).

Now someone said cases are up but death isn't and that proves anything. WRONG. Holy god, stop reading where you got that nonsense.

Someone correctly responded it's youth AND that's a problem. EXACTLY! Transmission/case counts is MAJORITY within families. Read that again. MAJORITY of cases are familial transmissions. Travel bans don't matter because who is the most communal group? Youth. Why is this a problem? If one member gets it, the whole household will end up with it without isolation. So in lock down, you see a constant case rate, but it usual doesn't go up. When you open, what happens. Go back to my 1/3 of Utah is 64+ or has a major preexisting condition (diabetes is particularly dangerous)...what happens? Utah with 500 ICU beds only for a population of 3,300,00... In a month, after 5 day incubation to symptom, 18 days from diagnosis to hospital and 4 weeks avg from admit to death, you see that comment that cases are up and there aren't deaths/it's all a left conspiracy is totally without any knowledge of how this works. Like less than zero. Someone has straight told you a story and you are buying it. Like an idiot.

And that's the exact logic the worst President in US history has used to managed covid. Because with a Dr. wife in respiratory illness, I assure you there is 100% zero federal coordination on this pandemic. None.

Hats off to those who can see nothing of value on the left to ever consider voting away a person who deserves electoral punishment.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    Jonesee likes this.
  5. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

Thank you. Nice to see someone who actually has some real knowledge on the matter.

I received this late last night from a friend of mine. EMT in the Sacramento region, smart guy but is big into Q, conspiracy theories, this whole thing is a hoax meant to bring down Trump. You know the type, they are legion here.

Been arguing with him for the last 6 weeks that this thing is real and to get ready. He’s says no, the hospitals are empty, hospital staff has been laid off, he’s barely getting any hours. I told him to let me know what he sees in the coming weeks since he is on the front lines as a first responder. This is the text:

“You were right the last 2 weeks have been horrific almost every patient I transport has a fever above 102, we have 2 crews down with it and signed up for 100 hours of OT in the next 2 weeks”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jonesee likes this.
  6. wild cat mccane

wild cat mccane

Also, the stock market is not the economy.

Listen to Market Place on NPR. If you didn't know the stock market isn't the economy, it's a great place to start learning what you don't know.

Jonesee likes this.
  7. wild cat mccane

wild cat mccane

Yep. My Dr. wife has been doing over time since February. Has not stopped one week yet.

Jonesee likes this.
  8. Colt M-4

Colt M-4 AK-74 Silver Member

So how many would be gone if we never closed anything and remained open and acted all normal like Dec 2019..

800px-ESO-L__Cal%C3%A7ada_-_Pluto_%28by%29.jpg

9. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

Look to Sweden for the answer. What you asked, what would happen if we did nothing, is what Sweden did. The result, a 5-10 times higher death rate than it’s neighbors which are good countries to compare to based on size, culture, location, etc. Economic damage was substantial even when keeping everything open, pretty similar to their neighbors that locked down for a while.

Everyone was watching Sweden for this very reason, to see what happens when you do very little and keep things running normally during a pandemic. The answer is in; a very bad outcome, enormous downside on the health front and very little upside on the economic front.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/business/sweden-economy-coronavirus.html

10. Colt M-4

So a million or so MAYBE out of 330 Million.A bet some would have taken those odds. Thanks for the Sweden answer.

I had the Big C in Oct 2017 when i joined here had a heck of a lot more concern with the Major Surgery.With a 50% pull thru rate.

Yep all life everyday is a gamble.Some should still start living it. 1_6MUyun4RqF_97NKD05Hj8g.jpg

11. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

Glad you pulled through. Puts things into perspective I bet.

12. OXMYX

OXMYX

You will never hear Democrats say Covid and China in the same speech or interview.

The democrats who are now fully blown communists bow down to their Master Xi, the most righteous one.

The same democrats that told me to come on down to Chinatown, have dinner, party in the streets, it’s Ok, don’t worry, Covid is nothing to worry about.

Cuomo and de Blasio said go to a movie, see a game, get together with your friends everything is ok, nothing to worry about.

How many folks has Cuomo killed now? 22,300. Yeah, let’s blame Trump.

Greeks.45, slym2none and Intolerant like this.
  13. Colt M-4

Thanks, yes Gunfire. Marines 1968/74 Hong Kong Flu 1969. Gallbladder, Hernia, Heart Attack And Cancer. Been run thru the Mill. So nothing ticks me off more when some have been through hardly anything in their life.And they are now Panic City.We all have to continue to live till the End.

That is what the Lord gave us. 9736ae890650ed46eb4cd40a6f8f35c6.jpg

Greeks.45 likes this.
  14. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

There is a valuable lesson here. Don’t take public health recommendations from politicians...of any stripe unless you are sure that they are relaying advice from public health experts. In a pandemic, trust the scientists and public health experts. Sure, they get it wrong sometimes but in general, are VERY willing to say that they are wrong and change course when they learn more. This is what science is about. And they should not be excoriated for it. Or blamed. Or scapegoated. Or have an opposition campaign run against them like Trump started to do.

Trust me, you don’t want to be taking health advice from Trump. He truly doesn’t know squat when it comes to public health just like Fauci or Redfield or Blix don’t know squat about real estate development.

And this is where Trump goes wrong. He truly believes he is the smartest guy in the room on all topics and subjects. I’m starting to understand what Rex Tillerson meant when he said this about Trump:

“It was challenging for me,” he said, “coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented Exxon Mobil corporation, to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe.’ ”

Regarding China, I agree with you. The entire political establishment and indeed the entire world, needs to take on China. They are a global menace. Dems need to particularly get a backbone in publicly taking them on and for that I give Trump a lot of credit.

Jonesee and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  15. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

And tell me China doesn't want Biden to win.

OXMYX likes this.
  16. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

I can’t tell you that. On the whole, my own personal belief is that we are better off with Trump in the WH, especially in containing China. The left, especially the far left, has gone clinically insane. They will be no help in countering China’s increasing dominance.

On the issue of the pandemic unfortunately, Trump has no credibility. None. Zip. I don’t believe a single word of what he or that obsequious cyborg Pence are spewing. We are doing great. I mean, how dumb do you have to be to believe that nonsense.

And most unfortunately, this pandemic and how badly the country is faring in it’s fight against it, might be the most important thing that determines the election. Trump needs to own it. Stop pointing your fingers at your own staff like a weasel who is passing the buck.

Jonesee likes this.
  17. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

History will be written by the winner.
    China after the brutal China vs Muslim nuke war at the end of this century.

Donald has a chance to win by the Silent Majority.
    However, it will be the Electoral College.
    The popular vote will have him down by 3-5 million illegal and major city votes.
    :)

Greeks.45 likes this.
  18. OXMYX

OXMYX

Covid, engineered by the murderer Xi, unleashed into America election year, Nancy stalls the Impeachment, why, riots all of a sudden for a convicted felon.

These are not coincidences.

Cambo likes this.
  19. DAKA

DAKA

And for sure the DEMOCRATS could have done a better job?
    Do you really think the CLINTON would have done a better job?
    She sure would have done a better job of MAKING MONEY FOR THE "FOUNDATION".

20. Greeks.45

Greeks.45 Glock Man

not even one of them have spoken publicly against China, They have all been bought and they all Worship Money.
    There's not such thing as the 'silent majority' The numbers of he Dims too plus illegals they have been bringing in is outrageous.

OXMYX likes this.