Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently this state legislation has not realized it is pushing to violate federal law:

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2011/02/02/news/local/536952.txt#blogcomments

Bid to register all guns hits early bump

BY PAUL HUGHES REPUBLICAN-AMERICAN
HARTFORD — A bill to require gun owners to register all firearms in Connecticut has run into some early opposition.

Some Republican members of the legislature's Public Safety and Security Committee objected Tuesday to even scheduling the bill for a public hearing.

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 926
§ 926. Rules and regulations

No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners’ Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or dispositions be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary’s authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.

Make sure they hear about it. Ask them why anyone should even consider following any law they pass if they, themselves, are showing that you can ignore any law you care to ignore.

·
Long Trail
2,476 Posts
Sweeeeeet :cool:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
In the midst of the greatest fiscal crisis of our lifetime, these morons take the time to introduce a bill that not only costs the state money but is useless and illegal under federal law. Amazing.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
In the midst of the greatest fiscal crisis of our lifetime, these morons take the time to introduce a bill that not only costs the state money but is useless and illegal under federal law. Amazing.
My semi informed view.

Politicans are focusing on this because they seriously have no plan or idea how to fix the crisis.

Look at the U.S Debt Clock at www.usdebtclock.org and the numbers are amazing. Over $100 trillion in unfunded liabilities, interest accruing on the national debt at over $3 billion a day; you can look at those numbers increasing at alarming rates and get a headache.

I say semi-informed because my cousin was a congressman. Been out of the game a bit, but he still talks to people on the hill. He sees exactly what most people think: most congressmen and woman are like deer in headlights when they look at the debt...they have no idea how to contain it.

My guess is within three years the national debt will be self-sustaining. By that I mean no amount of reasonable taxation or spending cuts will be able to maintain the payments on it. Its a theory in progress though :supergrin:

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Politicans are focusing on this because they seriously have no plan or idea how to fix the crisis.
Uh, huh and this is why they wish to control guns. They know that sooner or later the house of cards will fall on only those with guns, will win.

Rock, paper, scissors. Rock wins.

Guns, gold, paper currency....guns win.

Lead is more valuable these days then ever....

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
tagged so I can read it later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts