Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Glock-a-feller
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this is the place for this thread, so mods, if it must be moved, so be it.

I purchased a G23 about 2 months ago. it's my second Glock. i have made the choice that the G23 will replace my M&P9c as a carry piece. With this choice, I needed a holster.

Now I am not a big fan of IWB, although it surely is the best concealment. Trying to meld together security and comfort, I first purchased a used Fist belt loop hi-rise. It is a comfortable holster, carries well, but could ride just a touch higher, to hide the muzzle.
About a week ago, I bought a Bianchi evader: a nylon, padded, molded holster that has a retention device, and attaches to, up to a 1/75 belt, such a wilderness. [my belt of choice]
To get familiar with it, I've been wearing it indoors at home, trying to get uesd to the feel and draw.
The draw is as natural as a holster without a retention device, but it is another thought in the draw process to push on the device.

I guess my question is this;
while it is quite comfortable, if there are others out there that use this holster, or had one and chucked it, please lend your input. I am at an impass with it, as I cannot figger if it's worth the long haul. Not looking for anyone to make up my mind for me, just looking to gather other's experiences.

thanks in advance.

·
Glock-a-feller
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will say that you can certainly tug on the sun of a gun [no pun :upeyes:]
till the belt loops come loose [that's ALOT] and the retainer holds....

·
Glock-a-feller
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've used one for over two years now. I like it.

The retention works....

The snaps are pretty nearly useless, and this is the only real downside I've found. My original plan was to find something I could easily take off when going into a restricted area without having to drop trou. Fail, since the holster body and stiched border around the snaps gets in the way of closing the snaps while you're already dressed. I treat the snaps as belt loops and leave them closed. No problems.

This one was a "win", and I'll get another if mine ever wears out.
Yes, I have found that too...
the snaps are a PITA to try to reclose once dressed, and belt tightened.
Thought it was just mine, good to know.
Also good to know that it will take a pounding, but I am hoping that a situation such as can be avoided....:whistling:

Thanks for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.