close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bianchi Evader

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by model_19, Mar 26, 2010.

1. model_19

model_19 Glock-a-feller

not sure if this is the place for this thread, so mods, if it must be moved, so be it.

I purchased a G23 about 2 months ago. it's my second Glock. i have made the choice that the G23 will replace my M&P9c as a carry piece. With this choice, I needed a holster.

Now I am not a big fan of IWB, although it surely is the best concealment. Trying to meld together security and comfort, I first purchased a used Fist belt loop hi-rise. It is a comfortable holster, carries well, but could ride just a touch higher, to hide the muzzle.
    About a week ago, I bought a Bianchi evader: a nylon, padded, molded holster that has a retention device, and attaches to, up to a 1/75 belt, such a wilderness. [my belt of choice]
    To get familiar with it, I've been wearing it indoors at home, trying to get uesd to the feel and draw.
    The draw is as natural as a holster without a retention device, but it is another thought in the draw process to push on the device.

I guess my question is this;
    while it is quite comfortable, if there are others out there that use this holster, or had one and chucked it, please lend your input. I am at an impass with it, as I cannot figger if it's worth the long haul. Not looking for anyone to make up my mind for me, just looking to gather other's experiences.

thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. smith10

smith10 10MM WOOOOOOT

I used the brother holster to yours in the 82 carrylok.

I liked the retention, one hand reholstering.

Didn't like that it always creaked, (mine was leather), you won't have that problem.

My only preference would be one of the newer designs that places the release under the thumb instead of the second finger on the Bianchi.

Good holster, hope it serves you well.

3. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

Never tried that holster, but I've never liked nylon holsters.

I have wanted to try Bianchi's retention device on a leather or kydex holster, however.

4. model_19

model_19 Glock-a-feller

I will say that you can certainly tug on the sun of a gun [no pun :upeyes:]
    till the belt loops come loose [that's ALOT] and the retainer holds....

5. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

I've used one for over two years now. I like it.

The retention works. I've been in for-real fights while wearing it, and more in the mat room. The gun stays put. The mouth of the holster is rigid enough to stay open for re-holstering, even after you've rolled on it.

It used a Safariland 0701 for a long time, so the retention release is natural for me; it's part of establishing the grip, and doesn't add anything to the time on the drawstroke. Restoring retention comes automatically on holstering, and doesn't require you to snap in or otherwise work something mechanical.

The holster has taken quite a few dings against walls, car doors and so on, and the nylon is still in great shape. Some paint's gone from the metal, but that's it. It cleans up quickly when exposed to mud and grime.

It requires a rigid belt, properly sized to the loops, or else it will tend to rotate the butt away from your body. With a proper belt, it conceals under jackets and oversized shirts.

The snaps are pretty nearly useless, and this is the only real downside I've found. My original plan was to find something I could easily take off when going into a restricted area without having to drop trou. Fail, since the holster body and stiched border around the snaps gets in the way of closing the snaps while you're already dressed. I treat the snaps as belt loops and leave them closed. No problems.

This one was a "win", and I'll get another if mine ever wears out.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  6. model_19

model_19 Glock-a-feller

Yes, I have found that too...
    the snaps are a PITA to try to reclose once dressed, and belt tightened.
    Thought it was just mine, good to know.
    Also good to know that it will take a pounding, but I am hoping that a situation such as can be avoided....:whistling:

Thanks for your input.