close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Beware of Flipster

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by uafgrad, Jul 15, 2004.

1. uafgrad

uafgrad

On 7/4 Flipster contacted me through IM about a pair of P229 grips that I had for sale. We agree that he will buy them on 7/4. Out of courtsey I mailed them before I received payment on 7/6. On 7/12 I send an IM asking him if he has sent funds. On 7/13 he replied that funds had been sent and he hoped that it had got here soon as he needed the grips for a project. Funds arrived today postmarked 7/12. Had he been honest I wouldn't have had a problem with it, just say you forgot, or you were waiting on payday.
    A week to ship out funds without any communication on your part is not good.
    Beware in the future
    Chris

2. Flipster

Flipster

This is BS and you know it. I dropped off the funds late on 7-9-04 (a Friday), at the only PO in my town.

I responded as soon as I got your PM's. You chose to send the grips out without payment, and got worried about it. That, I can understand. But, it was still your decision. You thought you were going to get ripped off, and I can appreciate that too.

Yesterday, you posted a reply about this to an ad I placed on another forum. I replied to you, via email, as soon as I saw your response. You never bothered to reply to me, or let me know that you did get paid, but you had no problem questioning me publicly as to if you were going to get it.

I've done a large number of transactions on this board, on 1911 Forum, and on others. As well, I have over 293 positive feedbacks on Ebay. I think that speaks for itself.....

3. BarkinDog

BarkinDog Millennium Member

Sounds like you made the mistake in sending the item before receiving funds. You did receive the funds and he was not lying when he stated they had been sent when he replied on the 13th. In any case, seeing that you did receive the payment IMO it seems a bit harsh to post a beware notice.

4. uafgrad

uafgrad

Flipster if you want I will be happy to post a pic of the envelope postmarked 7/12.
    I never did receive an email from you yesterday.

Again, I would be happy to send you a copy of the postmarked envelope or post it here for all to see.

Chris

5. Flipster

Flipster

Post it if you want, it won't bother me a bit. I have no reason to doubt you, however, as I stated, I know when I dropped it off. I don't know about your post office, but mine doesn't have someone standing by the box putting postmarks on it. I drop it in, drive away and they process it.

Here's the text of my email, sent to your address of cdean@acsalska.net. Plus, as you can see on the Sig Forum ad, I replied there yesterday, too. (edited to add the link that shows where I replied to you: http://sigforum.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=674608412&f=350601935&m=35710253)

Date: 7/15/2004 4:37:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time
    To: cdean@acsalska.net

Got your reply to my ad.

Nope, not the ones I got from you. These are the ones your grips replaced.

You still haven't got it? That's wrong. Let's wait until the weekend, if it's okay with you. If you don't have it by then, I will Priority Mail you payment again.

I can't send copy of a money order, as I stated, I sent $17.00 as payment. I'll just have to eat it, my fault for sending cash. I just didn't want to stand in the long line for a money order for such a small amount.

This is my direct email, so I can hear from you more quickly.

Doug

Edited to add the following:

Here is what AOL shows as the status of the email I sent to you:

Status of

Addressee When Read
    cdean@acsalska.net
    (you cannot check status of internet mail)

Sent: 7/15/2004 2:37 PM Mountain Daylight Time

6. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

I agree. uafgrad, things happen and this is nothing to cry about. You're gonna have a rough ride selling on the net if this get's under your skin.

7. crpydy

crpydy BachelorJack

I think this thread is messed up. Flipster isn't guilty of anything. Garbage thread and usless slander.

8. Squid.HM2

Squid.HM2

No harm no foul,money and item both made it

9. Leonard

Leonard

Having worked for the USPS, I can tell you that it was more likely that mailing sat in that Box longer than it was supposed to.

It is Bs human error or lack of detail, but it does happen .ALOT
    No slam on postal workers, its like any other business, things happen ,get overlooked,somebody was sick, or a sub messed up.If that mailing was postmarked the 12th, it could possibly have sat there easily since the 9th.

10. Mild Bill

Mild Bill Millennium Member

Ditto!!!