close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Better prices at local gun shows??

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by tnstaafl, Mar 8, 2010.

1. tnstaafl

tnstaafl

Hi - not knocking the GSSF program, but as far as the discounted prices shown on the website, I saw better prices at a local gun show this weekend than I see on the GSSF discount page. For example, I saw a G21 and G21 SF at the show for, NIB, $489 (+tax) - the GSSF discount price is $491 - am I missing something? Thanks!

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

You will not find those kind of prices at any gun shows in my area (Northwest Florida). I am not surprised that you may be able to beat the GSSF Program prices in some areas and under some circumstances but I doubt you will find this on a regular basis in most places.

Don

3. tnstaafl

tnstaafl

I guess it's the old supply and demand thing - the gun show I was at this weekend was one of the smaller shows for this area - and two of the biggest outfits that were at the show with a LOT of table space had the G21 for $499 and $498 - I'd have had to pay tax - you could probably get them for those prices for no tax - not sure about shipping of FFL expenses. PM me if you want the company names.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  4. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

At the old price, I considered it pretty close to even, considering shipping, dealer fees, etc. I bought 3 guns and may have beat the dealers by about $20 on each after all was said and done.

Now, I'll simply look for the best deal.

Maybe buy used.

The economy has tanked and everyone's response has been to raise prices.
    I don't get it.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  5. Notyet

Notyet

Last September I bought a GLOCK 19 at Bob's in Darien Connecticut and paid $408.20, which included the transfer fee, plus sales tax of 6%. I believe that this was the standard price prior to the 2010 revision.

6. jab

jab

Is it possible they were FactroyRefurbished ?
    I see a lot of dealers at shows in the Atlanta area selling them.

7. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

Uh just FYI look up the serial number because he probably illegally sold you a blue label glock... sorry but it happens... or its been refurbished by glock.

You probably bought a newer Glock that he took as a trade in and made it look brand new with a cleaning...

If the deal sounds "To Good to be TRUE" it probably is...

In my opinion... if the Glock case isn't sealed... its probably not NEW.

8. huntingbuddy

huntingbuddy

You must be in a good area or 9mmxray is correct. I live in the central Ohio area and travel the whole state to attend gun shows, you can find better prices at the local gun shops than you can at the shows. Most of the tables at the shows now are just dealers attending the shows.

9. tnstaafl

tnstaafl

I think that Texas IS a good area for gun shows and gun prices - I am pretty sure that the guns I'm seeing on the big dealer tables are all NIB and not refurbs - and the prices are ALWAYS better than anything I see on any of the retail or auction sites on the internet. Obviously, at the gun show, I have to pay sales tax - 8.25% here in Dallas - but on a $489 Glock 21, the 8.25% tax ($40.00) is probably less than shipping and FFL fees - and I've never seen anything less than $489 for a NIB Glock 21 on the internet sites.

What I'd really like to find is a decent, used, plain-Jane Glock 21 - or pretty much any other used Glock, at a decent price - but the pricing on used ones I've seen are all pretty close to new because they have all of the addons like night sights and extended slide releases and all that stuff - I'm just looking for a generic Glock 21 with a Glock rail - anything like that is priced pretty close to new, from what I've seen.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  10. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Is that "Bobs Venetian Blind & Unpainted Furniture"?

:dunno:

11. Notyet

Notyet

Yes, unpainted furniture and all. Funny place but some good stuff. I bought an unopened blue label G19 and they removed the third magazine.

12. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

If your not GSSF or another from the list below he did a no no by selling you that pistol through a storefront. This is what I have been told anyways... although it doesnt count for a private sale. This might only apply to Glock authorized dealers I'm not sure...

Blue Label Gun's are available for the following persons:

All sworn Law Enforcement Officers (LEO) State, County, and City
    All Federal Law Enforcement Officers (LEO) FBI, US Marshalls, DEA etc
    All Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation officers
    All Retired LEO with "retired" credentials including Federal, State, County & City
    State Licensed Security Companies (ie. Loomis Fargo, RAM, Securitas, etc)
    State/City licensed Security Guards - Officers
    Active Military personnel-all branches w/ID
    National Guard personnel-all branches w/ID
    Military Reserve personnel-all branches w/ID
    Legitimately Retired Military with "retired" military ID
    All TSA employees
    Licensed Para-Medics and EMT's w/ certification
    Fire Fighters (including volunteers) with appropriate FD ID
    Commercial Pilot License Holders & Federal Flight Deck Officers
    Court Judges/District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010