close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Better Moderation

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Branspop, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Branspop

Branspop Daddy X2 CLM

2. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

I don't know about the "better moderation" part, but I bet if the entire forum were closed nary a tear would be shed. :)

In reading the thread, it seems to me (a disinterested bystander) that one of Eric's rules has indeed been broken. On a sticky in the forum he writes:
    My understanding of the religious forum was for folks to get together and talk about specifics of their beliefs, not to bash other people's beliefs or call them criminal.

Goalie

3. Branspop

Branspop Daddy X2 CLM

I like the forum because it has actually helped some folks learn some good stuff. It just seems that lately the bashing part is unrestrained. I think a light but firm touch is all it would take to make it a good place again.

4. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

Branspop, I agree it has potential. It just seems to me that whenever religion is brought up here, there's always a coterie eager to pile on and call Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, etc. varying synonyms for "moron."

That's why I wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze. I used to read the forum fairly regularly, but the posts of the aforementioned have discouraged me from visiting much. I guess somewhere along the line the focus shifted from discussing one's beliefs to defending them.

Goalie

5. Branspop

Branspop Daddy X2 CLM

I'll buy that.

At the same time, however, I have seen some people get the information they were looking for and go away a little better off for their visit.

The problem to me these days seems to be the proliferation of anti-religion folks who want to dominate all discussions in the religion forum. To be honest, that doesn't make much sense to me. I really don't spend too much time there since I don't have the energy for all the nonsense that is allowed to carry on. I do think it has promise though.

6. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

Folks, we do the best we can. In the time that the Religious Issues forum has been open, I have had someone report a problem post to me only 2 times. I and the mods need everyone's help, to keep the site running smoothly. If you spot a problem, let me know and I will deal with it. Thanks. Eric

7. Val Thor

Val Thor

Religion has been responsible for most of mankind's slaughter in this planet's history, so it's certainly no surprise that things aren't just peachy in the religion forum. ;N

Val Thor