Better investment than the stock market?

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Fishboy556, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Intolerant

Intolerant

2. Marcus99

Marcus99

I love how excited some people in this subforum get whenever the topic of collectability of anything comes up, especially Glocks lol.

Long story short - some things are collectible, some aren’t, and some predictions based upon expected collectability pan out and some don’t.

0N2S7 likes this.

3. Pete perfection

Pete perfection

More money than brains club.

4. Fishboy556

Fishboy556

If we all could be PERFECT like you Pete!

glockhoarder likes this.
  5. patcrad

patcrad

Buyer got heck of a deal. That AF is easily worth $5-6k in a good economy. I think we can all agree this particular buyer has more brains than money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    geefal, Intolerant and Fishboy556 like this.
  6. Toocool45

Toocool45

Yes, that was a great buy!

7. Sharkey

Sharkey

Bitcoin, I said it.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

8. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

What???

9. Sharkey

Sharkey

Answering the question in the title of the thread.

10. geefal

geefal

Not really. The title was a rhetorical question dealing with a specific firearm, not an overall, but I am glad you brought it up.

I have gotten in and out of Bitcoin also and in "my view" it may not really qualify as an "investment" as there are absolutely no transparent fundamentals to base valuation and its ability to liquidate on demand can be horribly handicapped when excess volume occurs. That is HUGE by the way, and probably the #1 of many reasons why it is not an investment, if you can not immediately execute an order, it is basically worthless. As a currency, one will never use it, it is (again) to slow and cumbersome to be used (and by design that will not change). Overall, as an investment, it is questionable because of volatility and lack of utility. As a speculation, it is freakin awesome though. Almost better than Rite Aid stock or Chesapeake Energy stock. But by the same that I wouldn't considerk CHK to be an investment, pretty hard to consider Bitcoin an investment. Again, "personal opinion" here and this is from someone who made a pile of cash from Bitcoin and loves it, not a Bitcoin hater. Am just realistic about what it actually is.

11. Sharkey

Sharkey

Yeah I know, I read some of the posts before I replied. Sarcastic people always take a risk that someone will take it literal. It is the price we pay for humor.

If you want to be serious, I got out of the market 2 years ago. I turned 401K into a self directed 401k and invested in multi-family. Guns do go up in value, I am not a collector, and I wouldn't invest in valuable items strictly for the investment.

premiertactical likes this.
  12. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Perhaps humor in your eyes. Doubt to anyone else. Zero to do with the title as geefal noted in his excellent post.

13. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Being able to drive a car like that would almost be like getting to have sex with a Victoria's secret supermodel.

14. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

It was easily the most that I've enjoyed driving any car - and I've been very fortunate to have been able to drive many very nice cars. That said, I'd definitely take the latter by far (if I were single of course).

15. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Why do you bother posting on the collector forum?

(Quote edited by Moderator to remove sexual innuendo)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2020
  16. Sharkey

Sharkey

Wait, wasn't this about a collector firearm? Why did you post car photos then? Hypocrite heal thyself.

The bit coin guy replied to my original post so I gave a serious reply about investing. What more do you want?

Why do I bother posting??? Well see, I use Tapatalk app and scroll thru all the new unread topics and reply to what interests me. Is that ok with you? You know you can put me on ignore right?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

17. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

I interpreted your posts as being snarky and unrelated to firearms collecting or the subject at hand. If I was wrong and you were sincerely intrested and not trying to be snarky then I apologize. If you are genuinely intrested in the glock collecting forum the more the merrier. Everyone here, at least the regulars, would like nothing more than to see interest in the hobby grow.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Toocool45 likes this.
  18. 0N2S7

0N2S7

Well said.

gunlove and Marcus99 like this.