Glock 17 Best Tac Light for G17?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by KenBGlock19, Apr 13, 2007.

Tags:
  1. KenBGlock19

KenBGlock19 SEMPER PARATUS

I am looking for an affordable, effective, and lightweight tac light for my new G17. Suggestions?

KB

2. Suburban

Suburban

3. MD2010

MD2010

+1 for the TLR-1. I have one on my G23. It's light, bright, and a lot more affordable than a surefire.

4. Glock411

Glock411

I have 1 Glock Tac Light and 1 Streamlight Tac Light....But I have 3 Surefire X200A's....

Only my X200's make it out of the safe. I have shot at least 2000 rounds with the X200's mounted on a number of my Glocks...The lens gets dirty every 100+ rounds or so and need wiped off

My X200's have been used on my G19 and cycle fine but a little sluggish...This is a concern if you get a light shoot 50 or so rounds to make sure your pistol functions properly. A 9mm is a light round and will have a little more of a chance for a malfunction with a weapon mounted light.

I can tell a big difference in the cycling of my 40 and 45 vs my 9mm with a weapon mounted light....

Most likely you will be fine....

5. Infallible

Infallible

The dept I work for has had the armorers issue a statement to the contrary. .40S&W framed Glocks seem to be the only ones affected by mounting a light on the frame. I've witnessed three officers with their G22's malfunction with them, yet I've never seen, heard, nor experienced one firsthand myself with a G17 or G21. My dept employs approx 3000 officers, and utilize Speer GD in 124 gr +p, 180gr .40S&W, and 230gr .45acp. With that being said I like my TLR1.

6. G19cPH

G19cPH

TLR-1 or X200B

7. Currahee

Currahee NRA Member

I have a TRL2 and am very happy with it, although the laser tends to lost it's zero after a few hundred rounds (and yes, I have Loctited it).

I also have a Surefire Aviator flashlight, which is really nice. If you can afford the Surefire, they are great flashlights.

I've had no problems with having a flashlight mounted on my G19. However, when I put it on my G23 I do have occasional FTEs.

In my opinion it's not really responsible to have a gun and not have a light to go with it. You need to be able to clearly ID your target before engaging.

8. SPDSNYPR

SPDSNYPR Zippy's Friend.

I have been very happy with my TLR-1. It fits in the same holster made for the M3, but is much better made - especially the durability of the switch and the longevity of the bulb. A few guys at my dept have the X200, and it seems to work great. The TLR seems just a bit brighter, and is 1/2 the price for the same performance. If you really dig the Surefire name, like their switch (which is a bit different), and have the money, by all means go with the X200.

Stay away from the Glock lights. IMHO they are just not worthy of serious hard use. Their switches suck, and their bulbs seem to like to break. They are not worth the $10 you will save over the streamlight.

9. compassman

compassman

I have been very pleased with the Generation 2 Glock Tactical Light. I have a G19 with the GTL for home defense and it's almost perfect.

Stay away from Generation 1 Glock Tactical Light. I had the problem with the switch and Bulb. I sent it back to Glock and they replaced it with a New Generation 2 Glock Tactical Light. There are diffrences to tell them apart. I have put well over a thousand rounds throught the pistol with the GTL and had no problem.

10. kilroy2721

kilroy2721

I have the Insight M3X light. And it has been used on both the 19 & 17 without any problems.

Whatever you decide to do I would take it to the range with you and fire at least 200-300 rounds with it before actually depending upon it as a carry choice, and use the type of ammo that you will be carrying in the gun.

11. Glock411

Glock411

I have had no problems with my G21 or G22....In no way do I claim to be a expert....But I think everyone would agree to shoot 50 or more rounds with your weapon light attached.

I do carry a G21 with a X200a Mounted

12. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

Ya know - some may disagree - BUt I've prev had a Glocklight on the Glock 34 I used to have. Worked great. Also matched the gun. I like the Glocklight.

13. shermanr6

shermanr6 Guest

i have a 23 and am thinking of a tac light, anyone have any experiance with those?

14. john wall

john wall

As a convert to Insight Technology, try their M3-X light. 125 blinding lumens in the bad guy's face, and made for our polymer friend. Check out Insight Technology. They are here to stay with new ideas about real world survival tools, not toys!

During a week long Leo Reduced Light Shooting Techniques Instructor class, I shot with 9 LEO instructors who shot Glocks. I used a Sig-Sauer P-226, and felt like I had to struggle with the two different triggers. Shooting the firearm earlier in daylight classes did not give me the feeling I had the wrong type of firearm. I found out that the Glock RULES the night. BTW, no one had any stoppages. 11 shooters firing 1200+ rounds with 100% reliability.

Yes, I pick up a new LE Glock (17) Tuesday morning! It is coming with the Insight Technology M-3X lamp.

15. RayB

RayB Retired Member

There's SureFire; then there's everything else. :thumbsup:

--Ray

P.S. The TLR-1 is a nice light at a great price! ;)