Best Sunglasses For Helmet Use

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by WERA49, Jun 27, 2005.

1. WERA49

WERA49

Oakleys are much too thick. What do you recommend? Wire frames would probably work well.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I have a pair of Ray-Bans (but I don't know which model) that is smallish and wrap around. They fit great underneath the helmet. Also the sport line from Nike that feature smallish wraparound lenses on those wire Flexon frames would be great. Those Flexon frames are awesome. They don't bend or break, but they are awfully pricey. I only have one pair of Flexon right now and it's my general wear pair of glasses. I think that I'm going to hunt up one of those wraparound Flexon frames and get prescription lenses for it too.

3. c5367

c5367 Esq.

I had a pair of Spy's that worked perfectly with a helmet. The stems were pretty short and thin, and they had interchangeable lenses. They were terrible without a helmet, and ended up flying off my head on I-355.

4. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

When I wear shades it's Ray-Ban Aviators.

5. jpa

jpa CLM

Lol...I saw that same thing happen to a squid on Pulaski once. He was riding next to my car with his sandals and wifebeater and his shades on his head. He took off at the light, did a wheelie and pulled in front of me. His glasses flew off his head as he hit about 70mph and dusted me. I heard them go crunch under my tires and saw him turn around to retrieve them within about a block. His friend and his friend's girlfriend on the back of the other bike weren't too impressed either.

I personally am pretty happy with the panoptix raptors I ordered off ebay. They fit me quite well and I got the photochromatic lenses that darken in sunlight. Oakleys and Ray-bans don't fit my face right for some reason.

6. quinch

quinch Turgid Member Millennium Member

If anyone needs prescription glasses, Flexon frames work great.
    http://www.marchon.com/htmls_2004/flexon.html

Most of their frames have clip-on sunglasses available that match the frame exactly.
    They are very light, and unbreakable. I wear mine under my full face with no discomfort at all. Since they are so flexible, they don't interfere with the helmet, or squeeze my temples.

With a half helmet, I use a set of Wiley-X goggles. They've been discontinued, so that review is moot! :)