Glock Talk banner
101 - 120 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Says the person that thinks .40 and .357Sig are more lethal than 10mm. Your opinion is worthless.
When and where did i say that? Please show it to me. But i will say they are more appropriate (which does not equal more powerful) for SD against humans, than 10mm.

Telling me your butthurt about me criticizing your "wonder nine" without telling me. Lol

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I'll stay away from defining "best" and note that there are a ton of police trade in Gen 4 G22s out there right now. Check with Glock to verify that you can swap out a 357 sig barrel on the Gen 4s. I know that Glock will not sell you a conversion barrel on older generations.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You're really good at twisting the words. I asked you to show me where i said .40 and .357 Sig/Mag are more LETHAL than 10mm and you go and quote my post where i wrote they are the BEST self defense rounds. The best SD rounds does not equal more powerful. I know very well 10mm can be way more powerful (i am a big time fan of 10mm) but that doesn't mean it's a better self defense caliber against humans in urban environment where overpenetration is an issue.
Of course one can argue that .357 sig and magnum can also overpenetrate, but using the right ammo, they can be great at SD without over penetration. 10mm is a great round, i have G20.4 and Sig 220 Legion and i love it. But i would never pick this caliber over .40 and .357 Sig/Mag for SD/HD/CCW. At least not now that i can pick between many good hollow point ammo types. As opposed to a year back when there was a total lack of any type of JHP for .40 and .357 here where i live.
10mm is a great target practice, hunting and woods defense caliber, but it's not the best choice for SD against humans.

So, again, the Best SD caliber does not equal more powerful.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Which .40 do you recommend and why? Just a few I am considering:
VP40
G23
P320
PPQ?
P99
M&P
thanks
I was going to ask what issue you were chasing but it looks like it's more CCW so my solution would be G21 SF. Yes I know, not a .40 but for me, .40 is a calibre of little interest.
Unless you're under some calibre restriction (like a Departmental mandate) I'd switch but that's me. I've only ever been enthused about service calibre firearms which in my world is .38, .357M, 9mm & .45ACP.

Just an opinion so feel free to disregard.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Best chance to get a new 40SW is Glock. Finding a new pistol in 40 is very rare. Even though it is a very capable caliber and the bees knees for two decades. When the FBI went back to the 9mm, everyone followed like sheeple do. It will only take another FBI outgunned shootout with multiple casualties to blame the caliber and not the training. Then 40 SW and 357 Sig will then be considered the best handgun caliber again. Yes, the sheeple will let go of their 9mms and buy into the 40 hype again.
The mindset is follow the leader.

I suppose I'm no different because I was exposed to what I consider the 20th Century N. American service calibres (.38, .357M, 9mm & .45 ACP) and haven't deviated nor found anything that does a better job. Over time,I've probably shot every modern handgun calibre and some from earlier eras.

Sadly, the conventional wisdom is almost always to blame the tools, not the commitment to proficiency.

When I carried for work, trust me, I practiced and usually at my own expense.

Many LEOs today espouse significant 2A restrictions so they have the edge of being legally armed but that's another topic.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Spoken like someone who doesn’t understand that shot placement is what actually matters.

Meanwhile guns in those calibers are flying off the shelves. Oh wait, they aren’t.
More like you don't understand that there are people who are capable of good shot placement with larger calibers than nine.
Just because you can't handle larger caliber plus shot placement at the same time, it doesn't mean everyone else can't.

Practice can do wonders, you know.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Practice can do wonders, you know.
It sure can. Feel free to show us how much you’ve got:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'll stay away from defining "best" and note that there are a ton of police trade in Gen 4 G22s out there right now. Check with Glock to verify that you can swap out a 357 sig barrel on the Gen 4s. I know that Glock will not sell you a conversion barrel on older generations.
Glock gave me a G32 barrel for my GEN3 G23, as compensation for having to send my GEN3 G19 in to them, twice, for FTF issues, which ended up being caused by CA neutered mags. I no longer live in CA, and now my GEN3 G19 functions flawlessly.

101 - 120 of 175 Posts