Glock Talk banner
81 - 100 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
How is the FBI going to blame a handgun caliber when they are raiding Amish farmers using rifles?

.40 is the least popular of the four major handgun calibers and nothing will change that. Cope,seethe, mald.
The 40 SW was the best selling caliber in its hay day. Which was after the FBI chose it, and after 9mm showed it’s shortcomings. Maybe the bullet technology has made the 9mm significantly more potent, but it is a low weight, low velocity round. That is greatly helped by the ideal conditions in of FBI ballistic gelatin testing and new technology. I have more 9mm pistols than any other caliber. I think it’s a great round, but when it come to night stand duty. I prefer a 357 Sig or 45 acp. However, when I light weight carry, a 9mm G43x is very adequate. Since in most carry situations. I’m not defending my home with family, and likely easy to find a way to retreat. Which is the best option.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The Gen 5 GLOCK .40 S&W's are a game changer! They are the .40 GLOCK should have made from day one
That’s near verbatim what I’ve been telling several friends that turn their nose up to the 40 after having shot one that was excessively snappy or they've recently considering getting a 40.

·
Registered
33,619 Posts
The 40 SW was the best selling caliber in its hay day. Which was after the FBI chose it, and after 9mm showed it’s shortcomings. Maybe the bullet technology has made the 9mm significantly more potent, but it is a low weight, low velocity round. That is greatly helped by the ideal conditions in of FBI ballistic gelatin testing and new technology. I have more 9mm pistols than any other caliber. I think it’s a great round, but when it come to night stand duty. I prefer a 357 Sig or 45 acp. However, when I light weight carry, a 9mm G43x is very adequate. Since in most carry situations. I’m not defending my home with family, and likely easy to find a way to retreat. Which is the best option.
9mm is the same velocity ranges as .40.

.45 is really the low, low velocity round.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
What makes you think i don't shoot 10mm too? 10 and .40 are my fav autoloading calibers.

As for being neutered...i guess that doesn't mean much for those new age niners, since they keep complaining about how it's too snappy for them lol.
Says the person that thinks .40 and .357Sig are more lethal than 10mm. Your opinion is worthless.

·
Registered
293 Posts
It’s not striker fired, but you really should take a look at the Beretta PX4 Storm. Built for the .40, the rotating barrel design helps tame the snap of the .40.
I entered this thread just to say this. Also, the PX4 is durable beyond the ability of nearly anyone to break it (see "PX4 Stormtracker" on pistol-forum and berettaforum), being effectively the v2 of the superb Cougar. It also comes in 'C' mode which operates like a Glock (semi-cocked, C for 'constant' action) with bobbed hammer or 'D' for DAO mode if the DA/SA thing bugs you.

That said, if set on striker fire, I'd go G22.5 first and M&P second for simplicity, consistency and reliability.

·
Registered
359 Posts
It’s not

It’s not striker fired, but you really should take a look at the Beretta PX4 Storm. Built for the .40, the rotating barrel design helps tame the snap of the .40.
I know the Beretta 8000 was designed around the 40. But I wasn’t aware the PX4 was. As far as I know the PX4 only shares the same kind of rotating barrel action, trigger and safety with the Beretta 8000.

·
NRA Life Member
13,695 Posts
I own a G23, G22, VP40, and M&P40 4.2". Of the 4 my favorite to shoot is probably the VP40. It has the best feeling grip and is very accurate, In terms of carry its no contest--G23 Gen 4. Its the best balance of weight and size of the bunch...not the best feeling grip or not the most accurate but it makes up for it in other areas.

In terms of hammer guns? My P30 LEM and P229 are both great with my nod to the HK.

81 - 100 of 175 Posts