Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at finally adding a red dot to one of glocks. Thinking my gen3 g23 for the idpa season and then move it to my g20 for hunting season. Not looking to cut slides yet just wanna get my feet wet. Vortex venom 3 moa is my current optic choice with a Trijicon RMR dual illumination if this ends up being a permanent switch. Looking at the Suarez universal “L” mount or the outer impact universal mount. Reviews are lacking on both. EGW is recommended by vortex and may be another option. Iron sights aren’t big to me for this part of the experiment. So pros and cons based on first hand experience is requested and greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. Looks like Suarez may be out of the running. I hate waiting and have amazon prime. Found a venom with EGW mount for about $250 shipped or $270ish if I buy separately with Prime 2 day ship. The EGW and the OuterImpact are about the same cost so it is negligible at this point. Looking to order Sunday so hope someone can chime in.

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Price is a big consideration especially since I wouldn’t utilize the sight mounting on the SI. Wish there were more reviews out there for all the products. Would love to use a $15-25 plate but am afraid it’d break and ruin the experience for me.

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it. You're going to end up wanting a milled slide if you stay with things. I have a couple for my RMRs and they're rock solid. Good luck with your experiment, and remember that there's a learning curve to new technology.

You have a couple what? Suarez? Or just RDS mounts in general? Thanks.

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well timing is everything. I just stumbled onto a 1 month old venom for $160. Claims mounted and shot once, then decided wasn’t his cup of tea. First used one I’ve seen. So here we go on down this road. I did fondle a rmr dual illumination this afternoon and those are dead sexy. Then the counter jerks at Cabelas proceeded to tell me how pointless dots on glocks and M&Ps etc. are. I handed the venom back across the counter and told them I’d shop elsewhere. Now I’m glad I did, they saved me $70.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.