best rap group ever?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 00buckshot, Jul 3, 2005.

1. 00buckshot

00buckshot

who do you people think is the best rap group ever? my vote is for bone thugs. nobody else has worked with the rappers they have, like eazy-e, 2pac, and biggie. not to mention the other musicians like pink floyd, and phil collins. they got people listening to rap, when rap wasn't consedered real music. they have the most original style ever, and have made songs nobody will ever be able to match, like, foe the love of $, crossroads, home, mo murda, notorious thugs,
    and the list could just go on, and on, and on. not to mention, they aren't fake like these pop singers today, on mtv. they've done what they talk about. krayzie even did a country song. layzie is doing a rock album with slasher and axel and pink floyd. my vote is definately bone thugs for being innovative, and real. cant wait for flesh to get parolled.

2. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

You are a knucklehead. Your interests are "capping posers" eh?

Except for a few artists, Rap is a wasteland of posers, thugs and sociopaths whose mouths and wallets should be sewn shut for the betterment of society. I won't wish any of them dead because they all end up that way anyway.

I liken some of these guys as poets who chose to use their powers for evil rather than good. I am not suggesting that they all turn into
    De La Soul or DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince (I understand that you were still crawling on the floor with your sippy cup when these guys were doing their thing) but Fifty Cent is a cartoon. He may as well be singing Mammy. No wonder Bill Cosby is on a rampage when some POS like 50 is a role model for not only young black males but white, blue and brown kids as well.

I am sure you have a much broader knowledge of Hip Hop than I do. I listen to a lot of hip hop radio these days and Kanye peaks my interest a little. Otherwise, I find it all to be bad.

To answer your question though, I'd have to say Public Enemy.

MF

3. TimC

TimC Uhavthecontrols

NONE.

You mean it's considered real music now? ;g

4. Hobear

Hobear

I'm not a rap/hip hop fan. But it must be acknowledged that this is a new music form created here in the U.S. That makes rap and jazz the only uniquely american (U.S.) styles of music. (R & R is the child of blues which was itself drawn from musical influences outside the U.S.) For the most part, I find it mindless, soulless music. But, it is here to stay and it's growing. I know now that I'm officially old when I find myself saying "I can't believe the crap these kids listen to nowadays" :) I like some individual tracks of "songs", I've got some Tone Loc and Digital Underground but as a genre it's just not my speed. To be honest, I haven't really looked at any of it seriously. I saw U2 back in '93 (great show!) and they had Public Enemy open up for them. My first reaction was "what the f*** is going on here"? But I shut up, gave it a listen and while I still wasn't blown away, I was intrigued. They showed a depth, a level of consciousness that I found suprising. Kinda funny what you may see when you let go of prejudice (read pre judge, not racism)

5. 00buckshot

00buckshot

rap is full of posers? no pop is full of posers. 50 cent is a pop artist, not a rapper. almost every underground rapper does what he talks about. who said i like 50 cent? bone thugs aren't 50 cent. 50 cents never been investigated for murders, 50 cent isn't going to be in prison until 2008, 50 cent, hasn't ever did anything like that.

and you try to act like bone thugs are young or something. they came out, back when they were 16 and 17 with a perfected style on "creepin on ah come up", in 94 i think. back when they were still robbing people. obviously you dont know anything.

so all rappers are posers huh? what about x-raided, convicted of a double homicide, and "psychoactive", his first cd, was said to have several murder confessions. or flesh, from bone thugs, in the same exact prison? like i said, pop-rappers are posers, not the ones i listen too. like wish bone said "murder 1/ red drum/ try to run and get away, but it's just too late/ watch out, buckshots when i come, buck buck, better gaurd that f***ing face/" theirs plenty of hard rappers out there, x-raided, bone thugs, brotha lynch hung, and i could go on and on. i've been listening to bone thugs since i was in 3rd grade. will smith, yeah, he's really got more talent than bone thugs, haha. nobody is as good as bone thugs. when have any of the people you named worked with pink floyd, phil collins, or guns-n-roses? or sold over 10,000,000 copies of one cd, witche was released 10 years ago, and is still selling?

6. nickg

nickg

best rap group ever

the ULTIMATE oxymoron!!!! ;Q ;Q ;Q

7. mudfootball

mudfootball

hobear, im only 22 and i already find my self saying " i cant believe the crap kids listen to"
    any how, as for the subject, i cant say much as for rap groups. but dr. dre is one of the major people that made rap happen. say you dont like what they say or represent, but in addition to his stuff, he has produced and mixed some beats for many of todays best and yesterdays best. He made death row the icon it was, in addition without him M&M, xzibit and snoop would never have made it. i will say bone thugs does have a very unique sound that i was into when they got on the seen. but right through from the early 90's on up dre is still at the top of the rap seen.
    kt

8. PennGlock

PennGlock

The answer is obviously OUTKAST! Never made a record that wasnt solid all the way through, and only a handfull of throwaway songs. I cant think of any other rap group as consistanly great as Outkast. Not to mention "B.O.B." is the pinnacle of hip-hop so far. I love those cats...

9. Hobear

Hobear

Outkast is another effort where I like a couple of their cuts:cool:

10. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Up until now I had no respect for rap or the people who listened to it. I never realized how multi-talented the artists were.

Since your hobby is capping posers I am sure 50 wouldn't mind a visit from you since he's a poser and all.

MF

11. 84S

84S

Public Enemy, by far. I don't listen to much hip-hop/rap, but I like De La Soul, The Roots, the Pharcyde, and OutKast.

12. BrassInPocket

BrassInPocket

I'm not a fan of Rap music, but if I was tied down & forced to listen to it. I'd listen to Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz. ;f

13. Aphotic

Aphotic happy-go-lucky

I don't know if this qualifies, but Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg on "The Chronic."

That was the first time "Gangsta Rap" ever made it mainstream.

And yes, Dre, Snoop, Nate Dogg, Tupac and B.I.G., Eminem, Easy E, Shyne, P. Diddy, Ja Rule, Busta Rhymes, DMX, LL Cool J, Ice Cube, Fat Joe, Jadakiss and anyone else I forgot are all "posers." Tupac never even had a misdemeanor arrest until AFTER he was famous.

Doesn't mean they weren't talented at what they do though.

Well, P. Diddy, Shyne, Ja Rule, DMX, Fat Joe, Easy E. and Jadakiss weren't talented. The rest are though.

14. Hobear

Hobear

I've heard some buzz about this guy this guy Mos Def(?)

15. SAUERGLOCKS

SAUERGLOCKS BAD SPELLER!!

Public Enemy????? ;g Theye were a bunch of racist holagans that acted "Hard". IMO, Dr. DRE was and still is the most talented artist/producer around. And I like M&M. Not becouse he's a good rapper or a good person but becouse he can make fun of the whole music cummunity as it diserves!

By the way, I like most of everyting exept for country. I can do without hearin about some honky's wife and cow runnin away together!;f
    Unless you have some video of them getting it on that is!;N

16. SAUERGLOCKS

SAUERGLOCKS BAD SPELLER!!

Now, You wanna talk crap about someone getting their *** kicked for their $150.00 sneakers.. I'm all for that!~2 That will teach them not to buy $150.00 sneakers wont it! ;f

Thing you have to remember is that theye are 30% musicians and 70% actors that are full of shiat! Same goes with death metal and bands like Slipknot and Marylin Manson, Theye acting a role to bring in money. AND IT WORKS! More power to them.

17. glock_19guy1983

glock_19guy1983

Rap is for stupid urban trash. I will take metal any day. I dont consider scratching records on a turntable art. People like Zakk Wylde, Dimebag Darrel Abbot(R.I.P.), Kirk Hammet and Dave Mustain are true artists. Even Rock lyrics strike me as being more artistic than cRAP lyrics check out the lyrics of some of Marilyn Manson or cradle of filth that is poetry

18. darkside852003

darkside852003

You can't have cRAP without RAP.

19. bigbadglock

bigbadglock

+1

20. cadet3

cadet3

This thread is silly. He just asked a simple question and not an opinion on the whole musical genre. If you don't like rap then you could have moved on to the next topic. We need more moderators here to delete useless threads like this.