close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best place to hunt doves in Utah??

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by ubimow, Aug 31, 2003.

1. ubimow

ubimow

I am fairly knew to dove hunting, went last year but only got two lousy birds for the whole season. Does anyone know some good locations in Utah to find them?

2. LawRand

LawRand NRA Life Member Millennium Member

ubimow: Have you check to see if your wildlife department has a website. Here in Missouri, the Department of Conservation lists 21 locations where they manage the land for dove. I just noticed it this year. Might be a start. Like mushroom hunters, dove hunters are reluctant to share their best fields, but it won't hurt to ask around the gun stores and sporting goods stores. Good luck.

3. tjpet

tjpet

Go out to Box Elder county and scout up some wild sunflower patches or cattle tanks/natural seeps where the birds will water. If you find the right conditions on BLM ground no permission necessary.

You might also try jump shooting them off gravel county roads as the sun comes up. I've got friends that swear by this method and they get plenty of action.

The biggest problem is a cold spell coming in and chasing the birds south. So far the weather hasn't been of any consequence yet.