close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best place to buy KKM for Glock 20

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MTMilitiaman, Feb 18, 2006.

1. MTMilitiaman

MTMilitiaman

My dad is looking to start reloading for the 10mm. We have a small collection of once fired case from the 500 rounds or so of Double Tap I have went through. They haven't buldged noticeably and I have no doubt the cases are safe but to prolong case life, I want to get a KKM barrel. I know it may not be necessary, but I figure it more than likely won't hurt. I just want the standard length and would rather not have to have it fitted--don't know if that is an option with the KKMs, just checking. Want to know where the best place to get the barrel would be. My credit card it kinda stressed right now so they must be able to take check or money order. Thanks.

2. hi speed

hi speed 10MMGLOCKROCKER

MTMilitiaman, I got my kkm barrel from glockmiester. I am sure they will accept the mentioned payment method. I got my barrel in just 2 days with regular shipping. These guys are first rate and I have ordered numerous other things from them. I assure you that your case bulging problem will be minimalized with the kkm barrel. Accuuracy will also improve significantly. I just started reloading for the 10mm and the kkm brass is much easier to resize. It doesn't seem to be as hard to pull the lever, seriously. I took measurements of spent brass from the stock and kkm barrels and there is a difference. If anything I'll be able to load the brass a couple more times due to less stress with the kkm.

3. MTMilitiaman

MTMilitiaman

Thanks dude.

What's with this warning on their sight?

Should I be worried about this? Cause my pistol is for carry/defense. Does the KKM really adversely affect reliability that bad?

Sorry if these are stupid questions. Just trying to make an informed decision.

4. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

5. hi speed

hi speed 10MMGLOCKROCKER

MTMilitiaman. I have a 6" kkm so i don't carry it, I will say that it stays on the bedside table with the kkm in it. Those extra fps might be the difference ya know whata mean. As far as ftf's, My G20 has never!!!!!!!!!!!! After 8-900 rds through the kkm it's had 0 failures of any type. I do keep it clean though. My buddy has a bar-sto and I bug him all the time about the ammo he could have bought with what he spent to have it fit and the initial cost. If you're wondering, my kkm is the more accurate one of the two.

6. hi speed

hi speed 10MMGLOCKROCKER

7. caz223

caz223

I second lone wolf.
    They got me my stuff and made me feel like I just got done flying first class with a cheerleader on my lap.

I'd carry it with the stock barrel and spring, and practice and hunt, etc with the KKM. Since you're most likely going to use factory self defense loads for carry anyway.

8. klmmicro

klmmicro

Have you considered calling KKM directly? I have several KKM barrels and bought them throuh the manufacturer without any issues at all. Great people to deal with.

9. NailShooter

NailShooter

Seems like I bought my 6" KKM from lonewolf also. It's been a great bbl, and the other posters are right about it being easier on the brass. As far as reliability, it's been 100% so far. Mine dropped right in, no fitting req'd.

NS

10. Timla

Timla

I got mine for my G29 from glockmeister. It was here (along with some other goodies) in about three days.

Drop in fit. Seems more accurate at 21 ft than the stock barrel.

The chamber, however, is a bit tighter than stock, and tighter than a SS G20 barrel from OlyArms (I *think* that's were I got it - it has no mfg marks).

Had my first opportunity to shoot the 29 KKM today with reloads - on round 30, it failed to go into battery. ;m Foolishly, I slammed the slide into battery, then thought twice about it. Couldn't eject the live round. Something was amiss. :( Went onto GT, found some good advice, removed the firing pin and some other parts, which allowed me to remove the slide, and it took some serious effort to get that live round out of the barrel.

I've read that the KKM barrels were on the tight side of the specs.... all my commercial 10mm rounds fit just fine, and the reloaded round in question was out of spec on diameter. I now know why my buddy does a full length resize *after* loading his rounds up.

If you're reloading, just something to keep in mind. If it fails to go into battery, rack it, just like the drills teach you.

-T

11. Cam Cooke

Cam Cooke

I ordered my 5" barrel for my G20 directly from KKM.

12. NailShooter

NailShooter

Timla,

Get yourself a Lee Factory Crimp Die for use with the KKM in your G29. The LFC die also has a sizing ring in its bottom, and will prevent an oversized round from being produced. I use them for all of my handgun calibers when I reload--MANY THOUSANDS of rounds reloaded using them, and all is good. This die prevents overcrimping and bulged cases.

NS

13. Cam Cooke

Cam Cooke

+1 on the Lee factory crimp suggestion.

When I first started reloading for my 10mm's back in 1987 I would have failure to feed problems with my reloads. A friend suggested that I get one of these dies and it totally solved my problem.

It will definately help in the reliability of you're reloads.

14. Timla

Timla

I need a bigger reloading bench ;f

Currently have a lubrisizer, SDB, and a Lee Progressive (for 223 only, works just fine). I have a lee single stage, but no room to mount it - and a buttload of lee dies.

After posting this, I checked some of my 10mm reloads in the KKM barrel - the one that jammed was a fluke, it seems. Still, the FCD suggestion is a good one. I'll have to run the whole lot through it... ;Q

-T

15. father time

father time

3rd recommendation for Lee FCD Die...my shooting pard has a G20 that he loads using RCBS dies,has the occasional mis-feed/mis-fire...to date,I have zero FTF's with all calibers(icld my G20) using FCD's,period.