close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best place to buy cell phone battery online??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by gigab1te, Aug 15, 2012.

1. gigab1te

gigab1te

I need to get a new cell phone battery, and the buyers' reviews for the OEM battery sold via Amazon are less than great. I'd like to get a new OEM battery that still has plenty of life in it. It's been years since I bought a new cell phone battery, so I figured someone on GT must know a good online retailer.

Thanks in advance,

Gigab1te

2. Jeremy_K

Jeremy_K

3. ColdSteelNail

ColdSteelNail

I will not buy a cell phone battery online. There are so many knock off batteries coming in from China that it's too risky. They look so authentic that sometimes the manufactures can't tell them apart except in performance. I bought one on line a few years ago. It started off pretty good but after about a month it would only hold a charge for a few hours. Of course the vendor wouldn't take it back.

I only buy from an AT&T store now.

4. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

There are SO many knock-offs or refurbs claiming toi be OEM. By the time I wasted my money on ones that lasted a week or wouldn't charge at all I could have bought one at a box store. That's my $.02.

5. ray9898

ray9898

Good advice above.....the knockoffs are a real problem. Performance sucks and they can be a fire hazard.

6. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

My experience buying cell phone batteries from Ebay form buyers with good feedback has been positive.

7. MikeG22

MikeG22 CLM

Check the forums for your phone on brands of replacement batteries. I bought a couple Anker's for my HTC Amaze, got 2 batteries and a stand alone battery charger for like 14 bucks on amazon and have been quite happy with them, especially for the price. Buy a couple, and just keep them rotated and they all stay fresher longer.

8. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

I've purchased cell phone batteries from cellphoneshop.net a couple of times. The last time was almost 3 years ago and the $11 battery still works in daily use.

9. Ironbar

Ironbar

You might actually want to check with your local wireless carrier store.

I have a Droid X through Verizon that needed a new battery recently, and a new one through the Verizon store was actually comparable to online prices which I was shocked at. Usually accessories through the store are at least twice as much as online.

10. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

How hard is it to replace the battery in one of those? Is there a panel you remove or do you have to take it apart?

One thing I don't like about my Kindle (different animal but I see the same thing in cell phones) is that the battery cannot be easily replaced if it goes bad - as far as I know anyway.

11. ray9898

ray9898

Simple back panel access. I do not understand the current closed form factor devices that are the new rage. Everyone knows the battery is going to fail yet the close them up so there is no access to such an inexpensive fix.

For example, my Ipod classic has served me well for about 7 years and still gets daily use in my vehicle. I have replaced the battery 3 times and each was a chore even though it is the easiest of the Ipods. Some of the newer models that are smaller are next to impossible.

12. sputnik767

sputnik767

I have had good luck with batteries from Amazon. On my old HTC Evo, the Amazon battery (non-HTC but a name brand) was actually better than the original. Same size, larger capacity, and definitely worked better than the original even when it was new. Go on amazon, read reviews, and don't be afraid to buy a battery that's not original, provided the reviews are good. Keep in mind the original batter is not necessarily worth 5 stars either.

13. Bruce M

Bruce M

Same here. I would not spend more than a few dollars for a replacement battery unless it was a real emergency; I grimace in pain when I see a replacement battery priced at thirty or fourty dollars in a store.