Best place for parts and mechanic work in UT county

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RMTactical, Apr 19, 2007.

1. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

OK, needing a new radiator for my Toyota Tacoma.

I priced out radiators from Autozone ($208) and Napa ($261). Anyone know of another place I might want to look other than a dealer (they want close to $600 in parts for the OEM radiator)?

Also, I am kinda new to the area and looking for a quality mechanic that can install it for me.

Any suggestions?

2. Spitzerbullet

Spitzerbullet

Have you taken it to a radiator repair shop? It might be a common problem that they are familiar with that can be easily repaired. I had a Chevy pickup radiator repaired once for a fraction of what a new one cost.

3. TMG

TMG

Doug Henriod. I think he's the best mech. in Utah county. 600 S. about 800 E., Provo. He doesn't waste time with small talk so dont be offended if he seems abrupt.

E

4. Gibbles

Gibbles

+1
    If you just have a hole in it they can fix you up for around $25, even big holes. I had my radiator fan put a large hole clean through my radiator on my old K5 and its still going. :supergrin:

5. Sambolijah

Sambolijah .

I've had good luck with Doug's Auto in Orem.
    At the top of the hill, just before you go down into Provo on State street.

6. RMTactical

I haven't had a mechanic look at it, it's got a leak on the top on the plastic. A hairline crack just spitting out coolant.

I think I would rather just replace it for the peace of mind. I've
    heard that patching them up is just a temp. fix and I don't want to leave my wife high and dry the next time she takes it out on her own...

What's worse is, this truck only has 87K miles on it and the current radiator looks like it was an aftermarket one... Maybe there's a warranty in the glove box (fingers crossed)...

I might try to tackle the install myself (with the help of a friend or two). We'll see...

Thanks fellas!

7. Gibbles

Gibbles

Changing out a radiator is pretty easy, if you want I'll help, and if you want to toss in a sling for helping thats cool too. :supergrin:

8. reerc

reerc Just a member

I've had the best success with Computune on Bulldog avenue in Provo. They're a good value, and if they can't fix it, they won't charge you.

I KNOW I've paid less there for certain services there than I would have at other places.

It's tough to find an auto repair place to trust, but I feel pretty good about these guys.

9. RMTactical

Well, I contacted my cousin who's a mechanic and he helped me do the job today.

Thanks for all the responses everyone!

10. gsr

gsr

While I haven't had any work done by him, I can at least give Doug in Orem props for being a good gun guy.