Glock Talk banner

Best place for internals work

594 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  JBnTX
I went out today and bought an Armscor 1911 Tac II in 10mm. Pretty excited as it should arrive Wednesday next week. It's also my first 1911. :)

I've done a lot of reading about 1911s over the years and there are two things I'm going to want to do to this pistol:

1. Have the internals gone over and de-burred, polished, etc
2. Get a better coating on it than the standard parkerizing it comes with.

The 1911 is a great pistol, but it does need some work and care to make it as reliable as possible - so what I'd love to know from you fine folks is who you would recommend I send the pistol to for said goings-over?

I had looked at gun coatings and noticed that Robar offers the de-horning and internals work as optional extras when you send in your pistol for a coating (that NP3+ sounds nice, but it's not cheap!).

Thank you for your suggestions! :)
See less
I went out today and bought an Armscor 1911 Tac II in 10mm. Pretty excited as it should arrive Wednesday next week. It's also my first 1911. :)

I've done a lot of reading about 1911s over the years and there are two things I'm going to want to do to this pistol:

1. Have the internals gone over and de-burred, polished, etc
2. Get a better coating on it than the standard parkerizing it comes with.

The 1911 is a great pistol, but it does need some work and care to make it as reliable as...
See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, if that's the case then I'll shoot it a bit first. Thanks folks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.