Best Phoenix Gunshop??

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by moeman, Feb 1, 2010.

1. moeman

moeman

Looking for the best Phoenix gunshop w/ in stock hi-cap mags...

Please advise

2. mechanica

mechanica Texazonan.

Bear Arms in Scottsdale is a good one. They have a wall full of magazines, but not sure if they have specifically what you want. Call first, maybe. http://www.beararmsaz.com/

3. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Don't know about the mags, but I can tell you that Bass Pro Shop is priced way to high on almost everything in the store. I bought a G20 from Sportsman's Warehouse (at Greenfield Road & I-60) for about 75 bucks less than BPS wanted. BPS also took me for 50 bucks on a can of bear spray that SWH only wanted 35 bucks for.

I'm not familiar with any of the smaller mom & pop shops - which is probably where the real deals are.

4. jasanch5

jasanch5

shooters vault, caswells, az tactical, & glockmeister...

call first naturally...

5. phxfa

phxfa

Shooters Vault 602-971-8600 good guys no BS

6. Azjeeper

Azjeeper

Scottsdale gun club or caswells or bear arms Im not talking prices but selection if i wanted a mag thats where I would look.

7. DanceTiger

DanceTiger

Lone Wolf Trading at 51st Ave and Peoria. 623-939-0668

8. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

+1 for Bear Arms. Very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They also back up there products. Lots of magazines. Class 3 stuff too. Always in stock with C & R, used, tactical, .50 cals, you name it.

On the corner of Scottsdale & Shea.

Bought my glock and they threw in an extra mag.

Bought a 1916 Enfield and it had a head space separation issue, they took it back.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Is Pistol Parlour still around?

I used to dig that joint. Small, mom&pop, but good prices and friendly people.

10. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

Yes it is.

11. UrbanCowboy

UrbanCowboy Koch Addict

It depends what magazines they are for. Some stores have more of a selection for certain types of guns. I would check Shooters Vault or Scottsdale Gun Club. There is also another gun shop in the same complex as SGC that has some VERY nice guns and lots of magazines. Lengendary Guns also has a lot of stuff. Shooter's World is OK also.

12. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

They are nice folks, and have a small, but good selection. Active shooters, too.

A little more expensive than other places for the same items. I bought a holster there and was told about it's warranty...when I brought it in after a part fell off, I was told to go to home depot and see if I could find a replacement to buy. They were very nice about it, and so was I...but I went elsewhere to buy my next handgun.

I liked Arizona Tactical Firearms for a while; bought several firearms there and transferred in a number of others. Then I put something in their consignment case and they sold it...but lost the record of the sale and it took a year to get the money. They sold me a firearm, put it on layaway, then sold it to someone else. Each of my firearm transfers had been taken out of the box, and I came into the shop one day to find two employees twirling my new Sig P229 on their fingers, behind the counter. I saw one toss it to another, like they were playing catch. Another seller sent me a sig armorer's CD in the box with my P239...but magically that was no longer in the box when I picked up the firearm. They sold me a short barrel shotgun, and I discovered a broken forend when I took it down. I brought it back to them, and they attempted to epoxy it. They had the shotgun for three weeks, but on return the "epoxy" was still tacky and peeled right off. The shotgun didn't fire properly; their response was to drop a pencil down the barrel, see it jump when the trigger was pulled, and say there was nothing more they could do. I bought a G27 and was promised a couple of upgrades as part of the purchase; these never materialized. I don't go back in their store anymore. They were nice folks, too. Just not ones I'd ever trust again.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  13. phxfa

phxfa

US Auto Weapons is the 'other' store next to SGC, excellent selection but higher prices typicaly then others in the area

14. phxfa

phxfa

I had a similar experience there, bought a suppressor and mount, when the suppressor stamp came in, the mount had been 'lost' they made it good though, I wouldnt trade there again though especially after reading your post

15. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

pistol parlour ..

there primers are around 55-60 per thousand, and only let you have 200 at a time,

majority of their ammo is straight off the shelves from walmart, with double the price tag,

there "gear selection" is also straight from walmart with a doubled price tag,

the place smells like crap, as they have dog breeding as a side thing going on there, so lots of puppys running around crapping and peeing every where,

they use scare tactics to sell over priced items, "get the high cap magazines before obama bans them",

16. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

Also, it's hard to walk around in there.

17. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

that it is .. not good walkways, along with very poor reloading "advise" , i could go on and on, on how they are a bottom of the barrel gun shop ..

18. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

We need to put a tour of these shops together for out of towners. :rofl:

19. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

AJI Sporting Goods in Apache Junction: Decent selection, mostly mil-surp, used, and low-end stuff. Prices reasonable, they will work with you.

Caswell's in Mesa: Good selection on handguns and defensive rifles. Good gunsmith for basic stuff. Nice atmosphere. Prices are good, and they will come down if you ask.

Bear Mountain in Mesa: Ghetto, poor selection, high prices, a bit musty. Definitely the worst parking lot.

Guns Etc. in Chandler: Offensive prices, otherwise average shop.

Shooter's Vault in Phoenix: :rofl::rofl::rofl: prices. They have a lot of floor space and an average selection.

Scottsdale Gun Club: Great atmosphere. Fair prices. Lots of high-end and defensive firearms.

U.S. Auto Weapons: Very similar to Scottsdale Gun Club, and right next door. Just more full autos, and higher prices.

Bear Arms: Good selection, prices a little high, decent atmosphere.

Arizona Tactical Firearms: High prices, poor selection, sales people seemed too good to talk to me.

Glockmeister: Very close to Caswell's. Nice people. Very small shop.

There's Bass Pro and Cabela's. Both are very over-priced, especially Bass Pro.

I haven't been to Mesa Gun Shop yet.

Also most of the Wal Marts have a large quantity of guns and ammo.

20. CU4X4N

CU4X4N 5th of November

Shooters Vault or Scottsdale Gun Club!

Btw, why don't you buy your magazines online?