close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best Partners you ever had?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by FM12, Jan 15, 2010.

1. FM12

FM12 I need AMMO!

Charlie Mickel, taught me survival, and Scarbrough Bearden taught me patience. Both from Albertville,Al. P.D.

Yours?

Former State Fire Marshal Richard Montgomery taught me to be thorough and attention to detail. Current FM Ed paulk taught me to be consistant and to not give up.

2. k9medic

k9medic

I had a 4 legged partner for about 4 years. He taught me a lot.

3. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

My old partner Lisa at my last department taught me how to talk to people to persuade them to make things go smoothly, although I sometimes forget that lesson. My current partner Mark has helped teach me to keep my sense of humor about things and to try to relax and let go of the garbage that gets to me.

4. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Everyone of them had something to teach, whether it's to do something a certain way, or more importantly, to NOT do something a certain way.

5. Gangrel

Gangrel

We don't have partners, sometimes I wish we did.

Other times I'm very glad we don't.

6. 4949shooter

4949shooter

We have partners only on midnights.

Speaking of old partners and squadmates, I either ran into or heard from a few this past week.

Running into these guys who I hadn't seen or talked to in years , it seemed like I I saw them just last week. I will reiterate from a thread that ran here about a year ago...cops friends are for life.

No intention to hijack your thread FM.

7. AngryBassets

AngryBassets Jagenden Übel

Yup.

I don't think the term "partners" limit you to someone you actually ride in a car with, in the Malloy-Reed sense. I've only had a "partner" in that sense during my 2 shift/ 24 hr total FTO or when I was training someone.

For us suburban cops, a "partner" is they guy you are working with that you work with.

My first agency was Rick; guy saved my life--and job--more than once.

Here, I've had a few good "partners". The best is probably still one of my closest friends (even though he's a detective now, and I'm a patrol sgt, we still interact quite a bit at work, and our families are very close). Our styles are very different, but also very complimentary.

8. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Probably at my second agency. She was quick witted, didn't take **** and humbled me more than once. I'm pretty sure she saved my life in a fight once.

I married her. :cool:

9. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

My Military Working Dog, Shadow. He alerted on two guys with rifles that I never saw, first shooting I was ever in. He taught one of them the way the world turns while I was busy with the other one.

Cried like a damn baby when I found out his next handler caused his death. Hope the guy rots in hell.

Jack

10. BULLRUNN

BULLRUNN Double Tap

My glock 17 It always does as I say and it never talks back to me...however it has talked to a few suspect from time to time...

11. mrdann

mrdann

JM - I taught him tactics, he taught me roadside interviewing / how to "read" people. I call him "K8 & 1/2" because he's almost a K9. His instincts are amazing. He's one of few that I REALLY TRUST to have my back.

12. Hoser423

Hoser423

I've had the pleasure of working with and learning from quite a few great officers.

One that stands out was an old-timer on his 2nd dept., fully retired from his first, working the second cause he wanted to. Fred always worked a car in the center of the precinct, which meant he rolled every direction as a backup. Only heard him raise his voice once, and never saw him fight with anybody. He could benchpress a barn. On the few times he didn't go to a hot call, when you cleared, you found out that he had wiped 6-7 stale paper calls off the board to catch other guys up. COOL.

Another was Randy who had a photographic memory of bad guys. He worked state prison before P.D. As he rolled around, he'd give a running commentary on all the idiots out that night and what they had been in for. And they all respected him. His specialty was picking up suspects or hot cars from a week or more ago that everybody else had forgotten about. COOL.