Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone thinks is the best OWB holster for Glocks? Please also post whether you use it for concealed or open carry.

Currently I only have a Comp-Tac MTAC so I don't have a favorite OWB holster.

·
COYOTE HUNTER!!
599 Posts
For OWB I use the Glock made sport/combat holster. I find this the best for concealed carry OWB.
For both concealed and open carry I like either Blade Tech or Sidearmor OWB. These will both conceal under a jacket or vest but are not as concealable as the Glock sport combat holster.

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Go get yourself a Galco Matrix MX4 holster and don't look back. Super lightweight, fantastic retention and easy on/off the belt when you want it. About $30.

·
Private side
11,546 Posts
Go get yourself a Galco Matrix MX4 holster and don't look back. Super lightweight, fantastic retention and easy on/off the belt when you want it. About $30.
In a few examples, too fantastic, but it is an easy on- easy off. I keep one as a loaner holster. Found it was easier to draw a full size gun than it was a compact.

OP, I use an Alabama Holster Co. "Ranger" for my OC, hunting, range stuff, but I hardly carry open carry for SD, usually I am IWB or pocket (depends on the gun).

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I use The Galco all the time, great holster. The Glock sport/combat holster also works well but it will break over time, hopefully not when your pistol is in it.

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts

·
Glock for Life
172 Posts
++++1 on the Galco Matrix MX4. I also like the Glock Sport holster for $10 but the Galco is more comfortable and IMHO is easier to draw from.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I cary and practice with an IWB Comp-Tac. I only use a OWB for competition at the range and then I use a BlackHawk Serpa. I know a lot of folks don't like them but I've never had a problem.

Dave

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
My winter EDC is a G-20 which usually rides in a Galco FLETCH, it is all day every day comfortable, though I use a belt designed for carry. If I am going to the doctor or places I have to lock gun in car, I have been using a Galco Yaqui paddle, usually with a G-30, sometimes the G-20. I also have a DeSantis thumb beak for the G-30, was less expensive than another Galco . I also have a Galco FED paddle holster for my HK USP C, like that ok, but it moves a bit, but is not a deal breaker. The Blackhawk SERPA is OK too, comes with belt and paddle, and retention device is very intuitive. lots of choices.....I have spent enough on leather/kydex over the years I could buy a nice gun. I have not had such good luck with Uncle Mike's paddle holsters, would certainly go with belt loops there....

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Yeah, doesn't matter if you're a newcomer or been at this a while. You tend to get a drawer full of holsters.

Dave

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I cary and practice with an IWB Comp-Tac. I only use a OWB for competition at the range and then I use a BlackHawk Serpa. I know a lot of folks don't like them but I've never had a problem.

Dave
I like the Blackhawk Serpas as well. What is it people don't like about them?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I use a custom kydex holster made my secretcityweaponers

It can be worn both IWB and OWB and I find it to be quite comfortable OWB and still conceals pretty well.

here is a picture

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
My 2 favorite OWB holsters are the CompTac paddle holster and the Safariland 6378 ALS holster. Neither of them are concealment holsters, but theyre fantastic holsters none the less. The Safariland 6378 ALS is great for open carry and the CompTac paddle holster is great for range and competition. Ive had a couple Serpa's in the past and the Safariland ALS holsters blow them out of the water. Theyre much higher quality and have a much smoother and more natural draw from retention.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
reniram, on a several other forums people complain that the retention mechanism can jam if it gets dirt in it, or something like that. Also, I've seen lots of posts saying that certain range officers won't allow them on their range. You can do a search but it's not really worth your time.

To each his own, but I think people often get so used to a certain way of doing things that they can't adapt or learn how to use something new.

We'd all be on some other forum if Gaston Glock had thought that way!

Dave

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Kramer Horsehide Belt Scabbard - as good as it gets. :cool:

·
You Breed 'Em, YOU Feed 'Em!
898 Posts
I'm not saying it's best, but it works plenty good for me:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts